Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Hope someone can help me.
A small but annoying problem on my 6 month old Vectra CDTI SRI 150PS.
Car perfect otherwise and it's exceeded my expectations!

Every time I accelerate, I get a nasty rattle which appears to come from within the dash board and specifically around or down inside the front screen demistifier area. It's almost as if something is slightly loose and whenever the diesel engine is wound up, it causes the fitting or component to rattle. I can't for the life of me see anything around the dash instruments which is causing it and I'm almost sure it's coming from within the demistifier area.

Anyone have a similar problem which they solved? I would bring it to a dealer but I feel they will probably tell me it's nothing!

Thanks and Regards
Ronan

·
No Longer An Active Member
5,053 Posts
Are you sure it's coming from where you say and not under the car? There's a heat shield at the front of the exhaust system (possibly has the cat inside it) that rattles at low speeds when you accelerate in too high a gear. Strapping a large jubilee clip around the middle of it eradicates most of the noise.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.