Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

Im chasing a rainwater leak on my sisters 07 Corsa. It's definitely rainwater and not coolant.

Water has pooled in the driver's side and rear foot wells.

The door rubber was shredded in part near the door catch so logically I thought that might be the cause. THe amount of water and the fact it's half way up the rubber on the vertical I wasn't sure. That is now replaced.

The cabin filter was a quarter hanging out as at some point the cover has been damaged. New one on the way. THe passenger side is bone dry. Still possible that's contributed?

Part removed the scuttle panel and cleaned up all the leaves and rubbish under there. At the weekend it is all coming off to do it properly. The passenger side drain was full of leaves so I'm guessing the driver side is the same.

This is where I need a bit of help.

On the Corsa C I've found loads of cases of that flooding the driver side via the Brake Servo plates seal perishing and leaking helped along by it sitting in pooled water due to a blocked drain.
Is this the case on the Corsa D as well?

I'm a Focus driver (I know, I know - rest of the family drive fast Vauxhalls, but live too far away to sort this) so I'm not to clued up on Corsa.

Thanks for your help

·
Super Moderator
27,025 Posts
Has you probably well know the Corsa D shares its platform with the sister car , the Fiat Punto . I used to own a Corsa D & although the build quality was shoddy we didn't suffer any leaks . I would certainly clear all the drain holes from leaves & debris etc . Have you sat inside the car whilst someone sprays water all over the body ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. Once the weekend is here it'll be doing just that to hopefully nail it down. Just trying to research if there was any inherent failures with leaks on the D I could look at.
Thanks again.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
So after removing the Scuttle panel and cleaning everything out, water drains away no problem. The pollen filter and cover are replaced.

The drivers seat and interior where removed this weekend to dry out. It was a swimming pool front and back on the drivers side.

I've hosed the door seals the windscreen and no water was getting inside.

The coolant level appears steady and the water sponged out was clear.

The only other thing it could be is aircon condensation water leaking in the car. On the left hand side of the drivers footwell (right hand side of the centre console) I can see a black pipe that connects to the white housing and then leaves the car underneath and that is the aircon drain pipe as far as I know. I've hose clamped this pipe as the rubber strap that seemingly holds this pipe had snapped.

Now a waiting game and see if the leak continues.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.