Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WHEN I TURN MY JVC CD PLAYE RON I LOOSE THE DATE. HOW CAN I GET AROUND THIS:Cool2:

·
Registered
240 Posts
If your CD player is compatible, you will need a bunch of extra wireing to connect it properly to the display and the steering wheel controls,( usually available from halfords, motorworld etc) if not, then I don't think there is anything you can do. My cd player doesn't have the extra sockets fitted to use the display and steering controls, and my date also goes off.

·
Premium Member
516 Posts
Write the date down on a small piece of paper and put it on your dash,then when you forget the date you can look at the small piece of paper and Hey Presto you will know the date again!:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
haha very good. mine is compatable with steering controls.

·
Premium Member
516 Posts
I'v got the same problem,but I was told the wiring costs about£40 Seems a lot for a few wires?

·
Premium Member
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
On My Astra G I Had I Managed To Press A Button On The Cd Player And The Date Then Showed. Il Try Disconnecting The Blue Wire

·
Registered
41 Posts
if you disconnect the blue wire you will get your date back but you are also disconnecting the live feed to the ariel amplifier and you will not be able to receive any A M stations
cheers

·
Registered
20 Posts
OK, if you want to keep both the steering controls and display with a upgraded CD player your need to fit a either a Sony/JVC/Kenwood CD player that supports these features and you'll also need the following parts, for the steering controls your need PC9 -106 cable (£35) and for the display you'll need a DOPS004 (£56) (DOPS002 works but doesn't support MP3 playback)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Infiltrator_2K said:
...if you want to keep both the steering controls and display with a upgraded CD player your need to fit a either a Sony/JVC/Kenwood CD player...
You missed some important brands in there: Alpine and Pioneer, for instance... ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts