Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
the man who makes things
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
its bin fine but failede on high hc/hc for the test so fitted a new cat and passed great as it hit the a1 going up to richmound the orange engine light came on while driveing im asumeing theres a engine fault as anyone any ideas please?if i stop and turn the car off then restart it it takes a amount of time before it comes back on ,the car revs up and drive fine

·
Registered
682 Posts
its bin fine but failede on high hc/hc for the test so fitted a new cat and passed great as it hit the a1 going up to richmound the orange engine light came on while driveing im asumeing theres a engine fault as anyone any ideas please?if i stop and turn the car off then restart it it takes a amount of time before it comes back on ,the car revs up and drive fine
You need to do a 'paper clip' test and post the fault codes.

See the 'How to's' to find out how to do the paper clip test.

·
the man who makes things
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You need to do a 'paper clip' test and post the fault codes.

See the 'How to's' to find out how to do the paper clip test.
bloody hell ill tell him to take it to the dealers i ant messing with wires/clips as last time i blow a ecu

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, had this one happen to me, it turned out to be the camshaft sensor. Unplug it with the engine running, and if the engine doesn't stop, that will be the offending item. If it stops the engine, then it's more likely to be the crankshaft sensor.

·
ITS ALIVE!
1,134 Posts
Could be just the catalsyt bedding in and confusing the labda sensor. The diagnotics will tell you.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Hi, does anyone have a pictuire of where the Camshaft sensor is on a Omega 2.0, 1998?
the sensor is located at the front of the cam box cover take off the black eco tech cover and its there underneath it, in its own little cut out before the spark plugs it has a black wire going in to the top of it hopre this helps

1 - 7 of 7 Posts