Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well just got through the door here it is ( my view anyway )

GREAT DAY to meet with everyone BUT not impressed with the readings :down:

we had a great convoy from meeting point to jamsports about 15 cavs all together

realy nice chpas again ( and girl "sassy" )

as you know we had the car set up friday last week and got the readings 166.4 bhp and 166.1 lbft

BUT today they recone the car was 148bhp and 152lbft:eh

somthing not right i havent lossed 18 bhp in one week with the only traveling i have done was going to the R&R today
i am not the only one to question the figures and i will be going to engine advantages on monday to get the car re run

i wouldnt mind but the car was 152bhp before set up a week ago and now jamsport are saying it is less then what i started with???????

ON a GOOD note

there was loads of members and they made up for the dissapointing result:Cool2:

i wont go into other peoples figures i will let them tell thiere glory or dissapointment

BIG THANKS TO MARC AND DAVE FOR THE EFFORT AND ORGANISATION :Cool2:

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i am disregarding the reading to be honest,
engine advantages are highly recomended ( i know others recomend jamsport and this is just my preference ) and they have worked on many people we know engines as i said it was worth it for the meet but thats the best bit of my day

·
Banned
8,538 Posts
If only I could have got my poorly running GSI there would have been funny to see what that was making :lmao:

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Danboy22uk said:
If only I could have got my poorly running GSI there would have been funny to see what that was making :lmao:

some of us were having a giggle saying that if the fugures got any lower them we would be running in the - bhp :lmao:

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
looking at the graph they got the torque figure wrong it shows on the graph 178lbft of torque :eh and they put 152lbft torque:mmmm ....

·
I want KFC
2,638 Posts
jamsports rollers are fine, they were callibrated this morning too

my cav is standard, I got the standard result, as did morphiuz, his was bang on standard too

·
15,300 Posts
Well, every other car there today made what it should of with in afew bhp here and there....
Every single rolling road day Ive ever been to always has someone who say "But it made XXX last week"
Maybe it did, but who cares.
The bottom line is this, you could of put your car on the rollers at Jamsport and got XXX, taken it 5 mins down the road to Northampton Motorsport and I GARENTEE you would of got a different figure.

EVERY SINGLE CAR can make a DIFFERENT figure EVERY time it is put on ANY rollers, even if they are the SAME rollers on the SAME day.

Take it back to your garage, I garentee it will get a different figure than the first time.

And on a final humerous note....
VVOC had a RR day at Jamsport, everyone was happy apart from one person whos figures were down.
He gave it the bigone about them being crap blah blah blah, "Im gonna go back to where I got XXX last week"
So, he went back to the last place again, and made LESS power than he made at both Jamsport, and the first time he went there :lmao:

Ps. The BRAND NEW vectra that Dougie came in made 1bhp less than its book figure.
Id say the rollers were pretty accurate myself?

·
15,300 Posts
And on a lighter note:

The day was a 100% success! :bananasmi
Very good turn out, everyone there on time, the weather stayed really good till pretty much the last hour or so.
Lots of photos and video clips taken which will no doubt appear later when everyone gets home, and various reports too.
Id write more but Im completely knackered :lmao:

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Japcav= bin the god damn FSE :lmao: just too many people who know what they are talking about, and say they are crap.

LPS down here tested a fse on a track day WRX and it lost bhp, and they couldent get it to make more with it!
also just for some good info, bosch super 4 sparkplugs lost the scoobie power, best were single bogstandard NGK single core...to my surprise.

Also an induction kit will lose bhp on the rollers, unless the right conditions are met!

Im hoping to make standard bhp on my GSI, however very few factory cars make the claimed figures...and the odd one makes more, so never be too dissapointed, its the driver that makes the differance :up:

Think we should have a RR chart, made into groups, and have the top 10 on display, ie V6 section, 3.0 & 2.5, redtop, ecotec , 8v 2.0 , 1.8i and 1.6 :up: and drag engines!!

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
realy dont care what people have to say " as i said before " it was worth it just to meet the people and have a good giggle with everyone
i was expressing my dissapointment at the readings ( as is my right)
and if there is sooo much diference between each companys rollers then what is the point of getting it done in the first place unless to waste money??
and just wanted to add that even though i was dissapointed ( as im sure anyone else whould have been with such a big difference ) i dont think it is such a big deal, and i dont want anyone to think i am in any way putting the day down, i was a great day

·
15,300 Posts
and if there is sooo much diference between each companys rollers then what is the point of getting it done in the first place unless to waste money??
Because, you are meant to stick with your regular tuner and use the same rollers everytime. Then your results are always relative.
Its not just the rollers either. Remember you need to take ALOT of other things into account too. Yes, some will hardly make any difference atall, but it can all add up to a very different figure on the day.

IE: Air temp, engine temp, type of fuel, tyre pressure, tread depth, etc etc etc

The best way to use any rolling road results are:
Standard car>rolling road result>add mod>use same rollers to see if mod gave any gains/losses. Taking it somewhere else will ALWAYS give a different figure, so dont read too much into it all!
The only thing that suffers through all this, is someone going away and telling everyone they talk to about their car that Jamsport is crap and their rollers are out. Totally untrue, and unfair to say to everyone.

ATEOTD, rolling road days are exactly as you said, a good chance to meet up with everyone. All figures should be taken tongue in cheek really, its pretty much just pub talk.
The bottom line is, if you like the way the car drives and feels ok for you, then thats all that matters :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
japcav said:
as you know we had the car set up friday last week and got the readings 166.4 bhp and 166.1 lbft

BUT today they recone the car was 148bhp and 152lbft:eh
2nd figure sounds more realistic.... jmo.

Jamsport have a good rep, sounds like a cool day :cool:

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
also the graph is wrong
look at the lbft figure it said 152 BUT on the graph it shows just inder 180

·
Registered
24 Posts
Dest said:
ATEOTD, rolling road days are exactly as you said, a good chance to meet up with everyone. All figures should be taken tongue in cheek really, its pretty much just pub talk.
The bottom line is, if you like the way the car drives and feels ok for you, then thats all that matters :)
This is bang on the money :up:

·
15,300 Posts
im no expert regarding the graphs TBH, but I agree it shows higher than the figure.
No idea how or why, but its all generated by the computer/rollers.
Did you ask Jamie when you got it?

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
didnt notice to be honest

please dont think we are being a*****es about it i really enjoyed it, i dont want you all to think i am a moaning old bag please

1 - 20 of 100 Posts