Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just been talking to chap nextdoor and he asked me on behalf of his son if there is any special tools needed to carry out an oil&filter change and a fuel filter change?
He has come to replace them on his diesel zafira and said he struggled to see how to remove them.
i myself can not see this but can not say i have serviced a zafira as of yet any advise would be great cheers:bananasmi

·
Registered
175 Posts
If its a new shape Zafira, it should be fairly simple, as the oil filter is easy to get at and replace. The hardest bit will be reaching under thew car and undoing the sump nut!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Zafira (new shape 1.9 CDTi 120PS) oil and filter change

If its a new shape Zafira, it should be fairly simple, as the oil filter is easy to get at and replace. The hardest bit will be reaching under the car and undoing the sump nut!
Info, please. Just undid the hinge-down flap to locate the sump plug and oil filter as couldn't locate the latter when looking from above, having removed the plastic engine-top cowl for better vision.

Couldn't see oil filter housing from underneath, either... glad to hear it's accessible, so, just where is it, please?! Do I need to remove the full under-engine cowl? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
209 Posts
20ltr dti Zafira, oil filter = remove black plastic engine cover, remove black large air pipe at front of engine which allows easy acsess to the large 36mm nut cap looking up at you slightly to the right of centre in front of engine. spin this cap off and there you have the oil filter.

Fuel filter is a little more effort, remove rubber trim at back of engine bay at bottom of windscree, remove plastic cover just above rubber trim that you just removed, remove 4x bolts 2 on each side at far end of the gap you have created. lift up the front of the big black panel and pull towards you.
now you have a lot more room to get at fuel filter. carefully relaese the 2x fuel hoses from the top of the filter housing by depressing the catch hooks on the ends of the hoses.
lift filter housing up out off the metal surround, undo the torx bit bolt on top and lift off cap, replace filter refill with derv before re-assembly and refit.
Dont touch the spring sticking out of the filter cap inside.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts