Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have the z17dth engine in my Vauxhall Meriva and was wondering if any body knows what sort of boost pressure the car runs from standard, looking to get a tune done on the car but am curious about average boost pressure before it goes in for it

·
17,888 Posts
Had mine mapped last year and the boost pressure doesn't change that much and typically runs at about 28psi before and after the map.
The car is definitely more driveable but fuel consumption didn't really change that much.

For various reasons I did have a lot of initial problems with the consequence that the car was over boosting and dropping into limp mode but when it was doing that it was absolutely flying - to the point of being dangerous. But now it is controllable and flexible and the power is there when I want it without it trying to send me into the ditch at any moment.

·
17,888 Posts
I'm assuming you have the Meriva A which is 100 bhp standard.

The stage 1 map took mine to 130 bhp with a nice increase in torque.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Had mine mapped last year and the boost pressure doesn't change that much and typically runs at about 28psi before and after the map.
The car is definitely more driveable but fuel consumption didn't really change that much.

For various reasons I did have a lot of initial problems with the consequence that the car was over boosting and dropping into limp mode but when it was doing that it was absolutely flying - to the point of being dangerous. But now it is controllable and flexible and the power is there when I want it without it trying to send me into the ditch at any moment.
Thank you for an answer :) pretty much asnwered some questions I was going to ask.

The car (unless we end up with a mobility car for my parter) is going to be here mostly for getting us two and the kids where we need to go. As my dad said to me if you want a fast car, buy one. But everything about this car has been great from the family side of things. Other then pulling out of a junction, onto a busy roundabout our out of a 30 into a 60 when it just feels guttless. I guess it just needs a little bit more sometimes aha

I guess the only other question I still have is more for down the road, it's already fitted with better pads and rotors as with anything stopping is better then going fast. But other then suspension side of things to help with steering and body roll, is there much you can do down the road with aftermarket engine parts to squeeze some more out of them? I know probably for the merivas it's a little less likely of a thing but you tend to see it more in the Astra's etc just if there's anything to look at down the road more at the z17dth setup it's self.
Not too sure on Vauxhall's as a whole as this was passed along to me after starting the family but with a possible mobility car that will become the family runner it leaves me with a kinda lazy sporty looking (as it is the vxr styling pack) 1500kg car 🤣 it's a 2008 with 48000 miles on the clock so it's still fairly early in its life. That's why I'm not even hesitating to have the remap done. If maybe feel a little worse 100-200k miles

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm assuming you have the Meriva A which is 100 bhp standard.

The stage 1 map took mine to 130 bhp with a nice increase in torque.
That's what I got quoted somewhere in the neighborhood of 30-35% bhp and torque. What was the sorta price you got given (at least in your area) the quote for mine was 250 for the remap or 325 for it to go on the rolling road for checking

·
17,888 Posts
I had mine done by Avon Tuning just down the road from Cribbs Causeway, in Bristol. I think they are charging around that price.

Car Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle

The overboost issues I had though were nothing to do with the tuning work, but they worked with me afterwards to get it working well.

Reactions: andyl
1 - 6 of 6 Posts