Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1.8i hatchback and I'm looking to fit a LET in a few months.

Obviously, that would require a suspension change and I'll be looking to fit something that doesn't only drop the car by 40mm but also improves handling. Any recommendations? I don't want to fit the most expensive option available, but I don't want a cheapo either. Basically I want something that will improve handling.

Also, could I fit the above mentioned suspension now and have it for a few months, or do I need to wait until the new engine is fitted?

Thanks

·
Matto Matto SQUIZ !!
2,588 Posts
Would suggest getting the shocks done obviously, i didnt and had to replace them for the MOT :(

Nothing stopping you from doing it now ready for when you drop the LET in least its one less thing you would have to do when it comes round to it :Cool2:

·
Kind of a big deal......
6,540 Posts
Obviously, fit full kit and not just springs. Any of the bigger names will do, Spax, Apex, most people highly rate Koni gear, although apparently they have a habit of sending the wrong springs out in the kits....:eh

If it isn't sold, I will be replacing all my V6 stuff over the winter, and I plan on fitting a poly bush kit and strut brace to tighten it all up, with either coilovers or Eibachs...... However you said you didn't want the most expensive!

In your shoes I would look for a kit of any of the bigger brand names, at the time I need it. Poly bushes would seriously improve the handling, but make the ride harsher at the same time....

Although as said above, nothing to stop you doing it first- might spread the cost a bit??

·
Premium Member
6,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys

Now, you gotta understand I know nothing about this :think Which is sad, I know.

I have no idea what poly bushes or coilovers are?

Also, I'm not sure as to what kind of suspension kit I would need. I don't think the turbo one would fit as my car's a hatchback. Or would it?

If you also know where I could get the parts from, and some rough prices would be great too.

·
Premium Member
12,918 Posts
I would have thought if you fitted the kit ready for a LET before the actual transplant the ront of your car will be stupidly high? I dont know the exact weight of a LET, but I do a Rover V8 and know it is lighter than a LET suprisingly, and the c18nz is alot lighter than an RV8.

What I am trying to get at here is wont the front end be a tad high? lol

·
Respect mah authoritah!
4,994 Posts
i know this is not the question to hand but i thought about this swap myself on my gls. but you also have to think about uprated brakes, anti roll bars, and possible the chassis will require some more strenght. why not get a tubby. its easier and alot cheaper, also dont forget your insurance to as it will be higher with a engine conversion. i found it hard to find insurance with engines transplants in.

·
Premium Member
4,028 Posts
Nik, the turbo springs will fit, as i've got a calibra lowering kit on my V6 hatch. the front stuts are the same as well. Would be best to get some turbo front legs complete with the hubs, and cav V6 rears as you'll benefit from the bigger brakes at the same time. Not sure whether the rear shocks from the turbo kit are the same though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts