Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone,

Well basically my alarm kept going on and off this morning. I am trying to work out why exactly.

The only things I can think of are that the nsr door lock is a bit temperamental, it sometimes gets stuck in a door closed position when the door is open, so I have had to manually move it a few times to be able to shut the door. Could that cause a problem maybe? And should I spray some WD40 or white grease in there maybe to see if it frees the lock up a bit?

Also, yesterday I popped into the shop quickly with my teenage son in the car and I locked it out of habit, and he tried the door from the inside and set the alarm off. Could that have upset something? It is the same door with the lock trouble.

I just opened and closed all doors and it hasn't gone off since so hopefully it was a one off. If I have a problem with the alarm keep going off then is there a way to disable it or disconnect it? Can I take the fuse out? I see someone else say it didn't help. Or remove the power sounder unit altogether?

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
14,180 Posts
Spraying some lube in the lock wont do it any harm, i would also check the rear door wiring loom thats inside the door to pillar rubber umbilical.
Another favourite for setting the alarm off is the rear side window sensors, the glass window thats in the boot area, these have a sensor in the glass, there is a plug at the bottom of the glass which rots away over time causing a bad connection and false alarm warnings.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Spraying some lube in the lock wont do it any harm, i would also check the rear door wiring loom thats inside the door to pillar rubber umbilical.
Another favourite for setting the alarm off is the rear side window sensors, the glass window thats in the boot area, these have a sensor in the glass, there is a plug at the bottom of the glass which rots away over time causing a bad connection and false alarm warnings.
Thanks Andy, I will definitely look into that tomorrow.

Do you know if the wiring loom is pretty easy to get at and what am I looking for? Broken or corroded wires?

I'm guessing for the window I will just have to take a plastic panel off in the boot?

·
Premium Member
14,180 Posts
I think you can just about see the connector for the window but if not the panel will need to come off, the connector corrodes from all the condensation,.. the door loom will be broken/damaged wires, you can buy a replacement door loom on Ebay cheap enough, needs soldering in though.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think you can just about see the connector for the window but if not the panel will need to come off, the connector corrodes from all the condensation,.. the door loom will be broken/damaged wires, you can buy a replacement door loom on Ebay cheap enough, needs soldering in though.
Thanks mate, I appreciate the advice. I will get back when I find out the cause.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts