Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one got any?

900 x 900 but raised as we have a concrete floor and want to pipe without digging into the floor.

Too many companies to choose from online and prices vary so much

Cheers in advance

Andy.

·
Premium Member
4,737 Posts
cooke and lewis do a cracking range. (b&q) fitted one the other day only 28mm and its anti slip resin .dear though for a tray, compared to stuff you can get online. together with a shallow 85mm trap your still only 4 1/2 off the floor. of course you may need to raise it if youve got a long way to go with the waste pipe.
steer clear of plastic trays on legs , theyre rubbish.

·
Premium Member
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cooke and lewis do a cracking range. (b&q) fitted one the other day only 28mm and its anti slip resin .dear though for a tray, compared to stuff you can get online. together with a shallow 85mm trap your still only 4 1/2 off the floor. of course you may need to raise it if youve got a long way to go with the waste pipe.
steer clear of plastic trays on legs , theyre rubbish.
Thanks it's part of the extension we're doing next year. Shower will be directly on the outside wall where all the plumbing is. If you have time please send me the B&q link to the one you mention if it's online. Do appreciate your help. I dont like the look of raiser kits but if there's a particular height I can buy as it's so close to the plumbing that would be great.

We have Concrete floors and a bungalow

·
Premium Member
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I never use riser kits .
I was looking about £80ish so if it's decent I'll get this one. Adjustable feet too 😊

Cheers my friend

·
Premium Member
9,997 Posts
I never use riser kits .
Sorry to high jack your thread Andy(Not really) right Billy any advice on turning half a bathroom in to a wetroom, Mother needs one but council said she doesn't qualify for them to help so looking in to it see what it involves.

·
Premium Member
4,737 Posts
Sorry to high jack your thread Andy(Not really) right Billy any advice on turning half a bathroom in to a wetroom, Mother needs one but council said she doesn't qualify for them to help so looking in to it see what it involves.
it’s a lot more involved than a shower cubicle , much dearer and usually involves taking some of the floor up if it’s downstairs.
I tend to steer clear as the people that need them are living in the property and need the facilities while your trying to install it.
a cheaper quicker option may be a “wafer thin tray” made from stone resin . only 25mm thick and sure they go up to 1800mm long by 1000 wide. also you’d get away with just cutting out for a trap and pipe out.

·
Premium Member
9,997 Posts
it’s a lot more involved than a shower cubicle , much dearer and usually involves taking some of the floor up if it’s downstairs.
I tend to steer clear as the people that need them are living in the property and need the facilities while your trying to install it.
a cheaper quicker option may be a “wafer thin tray” made from stone resin . only 25mm thick and sure they go up to 1800mm long by 1000 wide. also you’d get away with just cutting out for a trap and pipe out.
Bathroom is upstairs, but some people probably think we still have toilets at the bottom of the garden,, I'll have a look out Stone Resin tray could be the option.

(y)(y)

·
Premium Member
4,737 Posts
Bathroom is upstairs, but some people probably think we still have toilets at the bottom of the garden,, I'll have a look out Stone Resin tray could be the option.

(y)(y)
local authority will be very reluctant to put a wet room upstairs, especially if it’s their property. my mother has just been rehoused in a one bed bungalow with a wet room coincidentally. seeing her struggling on the stairs has become more and more worrying.
sky’s the limit upstairs . massive shallow tray , build up the difference in ply and tile flush. seamless!

·
Premium Member
9,997 Posts
local authority will be very reluctant to put a wet room upstairs, especially if it’s their property. my mother has just been rehoused in a one bed bungalow with a wet room coincidentally. seeing her struggling on the stairs has become more and more worrying.
sky’s the limit upstairs . massive shallow tray , build up the difference in ply and tile flush. seamless!
Mother is 82 and its her own property

·
Premium Member
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I never use riser kits .
As my shower will be against the outside wall where all the plumbing and drains are, do I need one with adjustable feet to heighten it. It's concrete floor and a bungalow.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts