Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...when you have no owners manual?

I've found the simple plastic things that unscrews from the headlight unit, but then what.

The bulb itself won't come out. Does that mean I need to get the whole unit replaced?

Help!

D

·
Premium Member
7,262 Posts
if you mean the h7 dipped beam bulb , once you have taken the twist part out you just need to pull the bulb out of that & yes it is sometimes a tight fit .

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats good. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't going to break anything if I used a bit of force.

Thanks for your help.

·
Qualified lego bricklayer
9,180 Posts
Goto the Vauxhall website, sign up for "My Vauxhall" (it's free) and you can then download a manual in pdf format. The earliest manual for an Astra is 2002, but the headlight bulb changing instructions will be the same, and *should* be on pages 212 onward.

·
Qualified lego bricklayer
9,180 Posts
Goto the Vauxhall website, sign up for "My Vauxhall" (it's free) and you can then download a manual in pdf format. The earliest manual for an Astra is 2002, but the headlight bulb changing instructions will be the same for your 2000yr Astra, and *should* be on pages 212 onward.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the tip Dave.

My Astra is actually a Japanese second-hand imported Opel Astra CD (grey import I think you call them). Second-hand importes make up about 50-60% of car sales here in NZ. And with cars like the Astra they are good value purchases. Mine had only 36,000km on the clock, and a comprable local Holden Astra would have had double that.

The only problem is that most of the manuals are taken out of the cars before they come here OR they are in Japanese.

However now my problem is solved - thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts