Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Technical Difficulties
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dunno if this is the wrong forum

Car colour is red. Not the best, as you'll know, red fades real easy. Certain parts are going now. Spoiler, and parts down the passenger side of the car, one of the doors, part of the bonnet.

A bloke at work was telling me about something to bring the colour out, but i forgot its name. I have some red umm, T-Cut Colour magic i think, but after a few days of rain or just after a week or so, what i apply begins to wear off.

Is there any way of keeping that colour in? Something to apply over it maybe?

·
VxONs Turk
2,525 Posts
If it isnt terrible, just slightly fading, you should get it mopped. Basically you pay about £50 and they use a hard wearing compound which will take a clean layer off and bring up a new looking colour back onto the surface. Then just give it a good old polish preferably with something fancy like AutoGlym and your laughing :up:

·
Premium Member
5,296 Posts
MoonAndStar said:
If it isnt terrible, just slightly fading, you should get it mopped. Basically you pay about £50 and they use a hard wearing compound which will take a clean layer off and bring up a new looking colour back onto the surface. Then just give it a good old polish preferably with something fancy like AutoGlym and your laughing :up:
agreed:Cool2: , when i first had my car it was dull and faded i used colour restorer and then i used meg's tech wax and now its shiney:Cool2:

·
VxONs Turk
2,525 Posts
whitebullet said:
agreed:Cool2: , when i first had my car it was dull and faded i used colour restorer and then i used meg's tech wax and now its shiney:Cool2:
:Cool2: Reds look superb once clean and polished. I have never had my car mopped nor polished by professionals.

I think it would be worth spending £50 and getting the paint looking tip top. Most people tend to polish incorrectly anyway. Your supposed to apply the polish in sections and allow it to dry thoroughly before removing it. A lot of people apply it and leave it for a minute or two then remove it. We are supposed to leave it for at least 5-10 minutes for it to really bring out some colour :)

·
Technical Difficulties
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ahh cheers, thanks for the info.

Shortly after i got it, i'd say the spoiler was quite bad. Down the passenger side of the car was especially bad, because it wasn't so much fading, but, hard to explain. It deffinately wasn't just a simple fade, something odd was happening with it. After the spoiler started to fade, it then began to get blotchy.

So i applied T-Cut. It seems to have done the trick. Down the passenger side, i'm really impressed with. Considering it was quite bad, it's worked wonders. You can see the weird fade if you look really closely at it, but other than that, it's looking good.
the spoiler is beginning to fade now, as is the bonnet, and in patches down the drivers side.

Was thinking of getting one of them buffer things because doing it by hand takes it out of the shoulder in no time, lol. Anyone use them on here? Any good?

C

·
0 Posts
Atlantean said:
If you use T-Cut you must polish it afterwards otherwise you will end up back a square one ;)
Why does no one Wax? :cry:
Wax performs a barrier, and protects. Will be easier to clean too.
I'd use the Meguiars stage 1,2 and 3, then the nxt blue bottle of wax - £14/15.
When sponging it clean will feel like a sheet of glass.

·
Up For The Craic
11,050 Posts
CallyT said:
Why does no one Wax? :cry:
Wax performs a barrier, and protects. Will be easier to clean too.
I'd use the Meguiars stage 1,2 and 3, then the nxt blue bottle of wax - £14/15.
When sponging it clean will feel like a sheet of glass.
Meguiar's Mirror Glaze - Now there is a wax :Cool2: ;)

The NXT Tech Wax is the biz on a dark coloured car as well!

·
Technical Difficulties
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ahh cheers. All this will totally take it out of my arm. lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts