Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
2004 Meriva 1.6SE

Does anyone know the name of the hose with the wire connector on it that plugs into the evaporative purge valve (or evaporative emission sensor?) on the side of the air filter housing?

That hose sheared off at the connection point but I can't find the name of the part anywhere - manual doesn't name it and I've searched all over online.

It's on the left side of the purge valve.

It's driving me nuts.

:(

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for that link. Annoyingly, the part isn't shown.

It has red wiring going into it and the hose that sheared off led from it. And it plugs into the side of the valve sensor.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The image isn't of mine - it's dark out and my valve is on my car(!) - so the connector I'm on about is on the right-hand side of the valve in the image. It plugs into the valve and a hose is integral to the plug so I am assuming it is quite a long part which possibly attaches to the engine block somewhere at the other end.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
14,652 Posts
That 'hose' is a plastic ribbed guard to protect the 2 wires that are inside it, if its missing then the wires have broken from the plug and the cable has fallen down into the engine bay somewhere, you just need to find it and reattach it to the broken wires at the plug.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hoorah!! Thank you so much! That'll be why I couldn't find the part, because it's not a hose!

Brilliant. I'll do that tomorrow :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts