Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, Im trying to replace the auxillary drive belt as the last one snapped but im having trouble with the routing and allways seem to be left with too much belt. It is the same length as the old belt give or take a couple of mm. Please help im at my wits end. The car is a 2.5 turbo diesel. (bmw engine)
Thanks.
ps any pictures would be great.

C

·
0 Posts
Once or twice I've been left scratching my head on the 2.0 litre ecotec I had. :bust:
Not very helpful, but you'll have it round the tensioner or bottom pulley wrong I'd bet. Left with a few feet of belt? :lmao:
Mine was upside down on tensioner pulley.

·
Premium Member
816 Posts
As nothing has come forward yet can you take a picture of without the belt on and post it here.

Reason I ask is I only know the 2.5 3.0 V6, but will be happy to look at the pic for you and point you in the right direction.

Others will be along shortly though who will know that engine, but if you can still post the pic

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for your help mate, I apreciate it but unfortunatly that isn't for my car I have got a 2.5 td elite with air con and the belt measures 1850 odd mm long and its got 6 pullies.
Paul

R

·
0 Posts
DIESEL DIESEL DIESEL
oi oi oi.

Ok, your best bet is probably the BMW users forum. Because you have a BMW engine, it may be your quickest answer. Soemone on here will have a Diesel, but that may be quicker for now.

·
Registered
9 Posts
2.5TD aux drive belt

Hi, have a diagram of the 2.5TD aux drive belt, without aircon, if it's any help, might give at least a clue as to the layout. can send a PM with the pic as an atachment, just let me know.

regards,

:Cool2:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts