Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just checked with a vaux dealer for parts to do rocker gaskets and its about 130+vat to do them, does this sound right:

Gaskets 25.50 one side
8/10 o rings 13p each
plenum o rings 41.35
n/s rocker cover 66.00
hbv 27.60

all this plus vat on top. is auto vaux any cheaper or can i use gaskets from local motor factors because the rocker gaskets from there are about five quid a side. didnt realise it would cost so much to just get the bits.

also does anyone have a link to the thread which had a pic of the rear of the v6 engine in it, think someone suggested putting it up as a sticky for reference.

·
Club Barge
3,467 Posts
Hello,

Autovaux are a lot cheaper, 41.35 for plenum O rings!!!!! that's astronomically steep.

James.

R

·
0 Posts
Kev, get rocker gaskets from Autovaux. They were £14.95 per bank if I remember. Plus 8 'o' rings per bank. Sealant from Vauxhall is £6.57 +vat trade (just tell them you are trade). Autovaux also give you a 5% discount for beiung a vxON forum member, make sure you ask for that at the very end, so they can't put the price up accordingly!

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
just got a call back from auto vaux and they are definatly cheaper than vaux dealers.

10p each for o rings
£59 for cover inc gasket, vaux never said theres inc gasket and would have charged me for extra unneeded gasket
12.77 for sealant
4.95 each for plenum gaskets
had the part numbers for the sealant and o rings so should get the black stuff and correct o rings at least, no green stuff

R

·
0 Posts
Which cover are you buying. Someone on here may well have one going cheap/free????

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
n/s rocker cover. mine is cracked from where a cable was caught last time it was done

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
is it just the breathers at the back of the enigine that need to be cleared out (4 tubes with 1 being the charcoal filter) or are more exposed when parts are removed. is it just a case of carb cleaner down the tubes? but where does the cleaner end up?

R

·
0 Posts
Absolutely Mark. Plenum inside and out. Black breather box on top of the plenum, throttle assemblies, all pipes right through, breather box inlet pipes (1 small brass one and one monster one).

My car is living proof of what happens when you don't do them and then what happens when you do.

It has gone from -its up for sale, to I love it - no you can't buy it. All in a week.

·
Premium Member
657 Posts
just a quick question - I was considering giving the breathers a clean out (just to be sure) on mine, do I need to buy any new seals before doing this?

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
you dont need new seals for the breathers at the back of the engine, four pipes that go from top of engine and drop behind it. they just unclip but may snap off if they havent been moved for a long time,

1 - 11 of 11 Posts