Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of day ago my 1996 vectra 2.5 V6 Alarm went off(Siren only, not indicators or horn) when i was driving then it started going off ramdomly, Night or Day, Sunny or raining.

Found out it was the power sounder so i removed.

Now the car starts, runs, locks & the alarm will set, but when i set it off only the indicators will flash, no horn?

Can i replace the power sounder with different siren?

Cant replace batteries in old unit, because the battery acid leaked all over the board, thats what i was trying to do when i removed the unit in the 1st place

Any help please

thanks

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
I've got the same problem exactly, right down to the leakage.
I was advised to just buy a new one, so I'm guessing that if you can find one that works in a scrappy it will be fine.

I've not missed mine since I threw it away TBH(except I'm no longer embarrassed driving along with it going off:D)

·
Registered
1 Posts
My Vectra has just started doing the same a few weeks ago (you do get some funny looks driving around with it going off).

Just need to clear up some information is it best to remove the power sounder? if so is it located under the front left wing?

·
VXon Frontera Monkey
9,882 Posts
Hi even if you replace the batteries it still needs to be added with tech 2 my local vx does this for £5 as it takes 2 minutes the power sounders are around £40-60 depending on the car and the year
regards
Steve

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
My Vectra has just started doing the same a few weeks ago (you do get some funny looks driving around with it going off).

Just need to clear up some information is it best to remove the power sounder? if so is it located under the front left wing?

You can leave it in place but unplug it, I wanted to see if I could change the batteries, so I took it out. (It is on the left, just in front of the passengers feet)
Just jack the car up with the wheel on, and the splash panel will pull down after you lose the centre peg from one of the plastic rivets. (It goes inside the sill IRR, I got the other pegs back and reused the rivets.)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts