Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Need to replace my power steering pump on my 11 plate insignia. How easy is it to replace? Looks simple and I have all the tools. But not much knowledge. I'd normally take it to the garage but the two I use are both booked up for two weeks :(

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I watched that video earlier, the steering pump itself has gone though I've been told! Sadly that doesn't show the pump being changed! 😫

·
Registered
39 Posts
Damn, it seems like the power steering going on the Insignia is a common issue but lots of cars have issues with it so might just be normal wear and tear. My bro paid like 180 on his Focus when his went, might of been less can't remember accurately.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah it's a bit more for the insignia which isn't an issue, just everyone's too busy at the moment. No chance of taking it to a garage I don't know id rather have a go myself.

·
Worn Out Member
7,067 Posts
Essentially it's wheel off,arch liner down,drive belt off,remove pump,fit new pump,fit belt,
arch liner re-fit,wheel back on,bleed p/s system,drive off a happy bunny ;)
i can probably sort out the TIS instructions but will need to know which engine this is.

Reactions: Fred Bassett

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Essentially it's wheel off,arch liner down,drive belt off,remove pump,fit new pump,fit belt,
arch liner re-fit,wheel back on,bleed p/s system,drive off a happy bunny ;)
i can probably sort out the TIS instructions but will need to know which engine this is.
it's the 2.0 litre diesel. Sounds easy enough, but I'll definitely take them instructions 😂

·
Worn Out Member
7,067 Posts
i've sent a PM

Reactions: Fred Bassett
1 - 8 of 8 Posts