Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI Every One. My 1st Post Sorry It's A Technical One, Have Done A Search On The Web But Can Not Find A Solution.

My Omega is a 2.5 V6 With A Full Monty (£8200 OUCH) 3.0 Cortney Conversion.

I Have Changed My Stereo Today & When I went to drive the car afterwards the power steering was stiff. It has some assistance i started it up while turning the wheel and it got slightly lighter.

I have checked levels and for leaks etc also the belt.

I'm wondering if it has speed sensitive power steering and i have disturbed someting while fitting the stereo to make the steering stiffer.

Or it could just be a coincedence and the pump or box has packed up suddenly. The steering is not noisy, well no more than a slight normal power steering noise anyway.

I'm stumped as the steering was nice and light before even running on 20" rims.

Any ideas will be greatfully appreciated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks mate, will pull the stereo out tomorow and see what i've ballsed up, Im not too up on vauxhalls, should have kept the skyline!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had an R33 GT-S Turbo, Practicly everything was aftermarket on it ,Mental car. I done a deal with a guy for the omega & a 54 plate GSX-R 1000 Coz the sun was out & wanted a bike, plus i run out of things to do on the skyline so needed a new project.

The Omegas quite a special one, 20" O.Z's Full Bodykit, Drug Money Spent On The Engine. Not Sure If I Will Keep It Or Sell It!!.

·
***VxON Photographer of the year 2007***
3,052 Posts
Check the fag lighter they are on the same fuse.

I blew my fag lighter fuse the other week and the steering went screwy

changed the fuse and all is good in the world :Cool2:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts