Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My insignia had developed a leak of steering fluid somewhere around the pump but as it is close to the belt it is getting sprayed around and so difficult to see exactly where it is coming from. This morning the drive belt had come off, is there any common faults on this car 20CDTI. I should be looking for?

·
Super Moderator
28,343 Posts
This problem resulted in cars setting on fire , Vauxhall did a redesign of the power steering pipe after they found stress fractures caused it break & spray power steering which when hitting hot parts of the engine which started fires . Well documented on bbc watchdog a few years back . What year of manufacture is your insignia ?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This problem resulted in cars setting on fire , Vauxhall did a redesign of the power steering pipe after they found stress fractures caused it break & spray power steering which when hitting hot parts of the engine which started fires . Well documented on bbc watchdog a few years back . What year of manufacture is your insignia ?
Its a 59 plate which pipe was at fault

·
Registered
22 Posts
My insignia had developed a leak of steering fluid somewhere around the pump but as it is close to the belt it is getting sprayed around and so difficult to see exactly where it is coming from. This morning the drive belt had come off, is there any common faults on this car 20CDTI. I should be looking for?
This happened to mine around Christmas time, common fault, got mine replaced under warranty

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.