Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I hope somebody can maybe point me in the right direction. I have a 2004 Vauxhall vivaro van that when first started and driven there is very little power. After about half a mile there is a light that comes on (think it might be engine management light)and the van then takes of and drives as it should. Any ideas what this might be?

·
Registered
245 Posts
Hi Debs and welcome to the forum. So the van goes OK when the engine management light comes on? That's odd!
Questions in order:
1) How long have you had the van?
2) Has it only just started doing this or always since you first owned it?
3) Does it start OK or struggle to start?
4) Is there any smoke on start or during the period before it picks up?
5) Does it rev freely in neutral when first started?
6) Does the light look like an orange coil? If so that IS the EML.

I guess you haven't had the codes read yet?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. 1. I have had the van for a year. 2. It has always done this. 3.starts perfect every time. 4.No smoke until the last time i drove it. It went into slow mode and produced some very dark smoke. 5. Revs freely in neutral. 6. Yes. Took the van to my local garage and the code P1125 came up. He has tried different things but doesnt want to keep guessing and adding new parts as that can run into a lot of money. He says it is a strange one too. Thanks for any help. I know nothing about vans or cars lol

·
Registered
245 Posts
Thanks Debs, would be nice to know what the garage tried. P1125 implies boost solenoid and the van's behaviour would go along with that as a possibility. On that basis it could either be the boost solenoid or a wiring issue associated with it. Has the garage given you a receipt for work completed? If so please list the efforts thus far. Which engine is it?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Haven't got a bill yet. He's actually quite a decent fella and will try to sort it as cheap as he can. I will chat with him at the weekend to see what he comes up with. Thanks in the meantime. Will give you an update when I hear anything. Bye for now.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I'm sure he is Debs. As a garage though he needs to make it pay and sometimes you can be chasing things like this for ages so big bills can come very quickly. Do come back to us when you've spoken with him.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts