Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guy got an issue with my zafira gsi since I've owned the car at 3000 rpm I get a second loss of power and then comes back I've changed the front and back bcs deleted the back bcs got a new turbo tried 3 different spark plugs new exhaust now changed to crossover delete and 3inc tophat and vxr injectors but made no difference this problem is since I owned it any help as am losing hope thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi guy got an issue with my zafira gsi since I've owned the car at 3000 rpm I get a second loss of power and then comes back I've changed the front and back bcs deleted the back bcs got a new turbo tried 3 different spark plugs new exhaust now changed to crossover delete and 3inc tophat and vxr injectors but made no difference this problem is since I owned it any help as am losing hope thanks
Any help people

·
Premium Member
2,109 Posts
Whats it boosting at psi wise? Remapped? MAF cleaned? And do you have anything to run live data so we can see whats occuring and when?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Whats it boosting at psi wise? Remapped? MAF cleaned? And do you have anything to run live data so we can see whats occuring and when?
Hi
I don't know what psi it is also the car has done this since iv brought the car since then iv had a new turbo all new sensors now I had had a remap crossover delete fmi 3" top hat bigger exhaust and now feel this more as it's got more power iv put a pic this was before any work was done also new 80mm maf and vxr injectors

Attachments

·
13,837 Posts
Psi is a measure of pressure - pounds per square inch.
The boost you are getting is typically measured in psi or bar.
1 bar = 14 psi.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It was standard with the new stage 1 turbo but it did it even with the old turbo on it just after the 3000 rpm would I need a boost gauge to measure the psi

·
Premium Member
2,109 Posts
Ideally yes, a big peak like that then a drop to a steady increase looks to me like its a big overboost. @andyl may be better at reading the graph than me. Was it a new actuator that came with the new turbo or was the original actuator refitted?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It was a new actuator new to these trends would I be able to send him a message

·
13,837 Posts
You could, but he has been tagged in Vince's reply so he should pick up on it.

·
Premium Member
2,109 Posts
Who mapped the car for you? A good tuner will adjust actuators ect when mapping and should also let you know if they think something isnt quite as it should be. Can you post a better photo of the dyno sheet showing rpm/bhp

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Car was mapped by regal tuning but he didn't know as that moment I had a intercooler put on which had leaks now sorted but still the same iv even tried the new bcs and had back one deleted still no look

·
Premium Member
14,619 Posts
It still well down on power, stock these run at about 200hp, yours is running 180hp with all your mods mapped in, im surprised Regal didnt offer any help in solving the problem, what bar map sensor does it have.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That dyno run was done before any mods at rs tuning

Now having a remap at regal tuning has made the car a lot more powerful running around 280bhp the only reason I didn't get a dyno print from regal was the coil pack went so needed to be replaced and needed to sort out the boost leaks but going to him next week he also showed me the dipp on the computer but didn't know why

·
Premium Member
14,619 Posts
Do you have Opcom, if you do then post up a log of just Ignition on and one driving the car with the fault happening, it could be an overboost, it could be the ignition is being retarded for some reason..possible misfire or faulty knock sensor but without live data logs its hard to tell.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts