Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thanks to the help on the other thread i have been told that the calibra 16v i picked up yesterday has most def got a porus head...

does any1 know were it can be fixed ( or if any1 on here can fix it cheap:rolleyes: )

the car drives a1 and i would not no of any fault unless i looked in the water bottle

only probs is it needs to be near southampton area...

many thanks

·
CavWeb's Official Penis!
5,913 Posts
Headway-flinthsire

·
CavWeb's Oldguy
4,816 Posts
ultralow cav said:
Headway charge £200 for porous fix and its a permanent fix. but dont get any other headwork done from them.
When I asked a couple of weeks ago V-tuning charged £130

·
Premium Member
31,460 Posts
I strongly recommend Henryk @ V-Tuning. He did mine, and was very happy with the work carried out:up:

·
Premium Member
31,460 Posts
I took my car to him, and left it with him for the day, booked into a local b&b, and he delivered the car back to me the next day:)

·
CavWeb's Official Penis!
5,913 Posts
C3MKY said:
I took my car to him, and left it with him for the day, booked into a local b&b, and he delivered the car back to me the next day:)
I think he means did he have to take the head off.............

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
GREYDJ said:
When I asked a couple of weeks ago V-tuning charged £130

that £130 does that mean i drive the car to them leave it with them fully intact or do i have to give them a loose head...

havent got a clue how they would do it as im thick at engines lol

·
Respect mah authoritah!
4,994 Posts
here is the link to v-tuning and yes that price is with it removed.

http://www.v-tuning.com/Oil and Water Problems.htm

but for that money your better off finding a coscast head, they are getting rare but also if you have one on your car its a good selling point. dont forget you got to add 40 - 60 for gaskets, and labour to remove the head. also a new cambelt would be a good idea.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts