Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I changed the fuel filter the other day, only because it has gone way over its life expectancy but since doing so i seem to be starved of fuel, especially when pulling away, I have dbl checked that the filter is on the correct way, I depressurised the system as described in the Haynes manual simply by undoing the feed to the fuel rail, is there any chance i have got air in the system or is this more likely to be a dodgy filter or just a coincidence as i also belive my MAF is on its way out but not sure if it can effect the engine in this way, i can only describe it as being a lack of fuel, when i put my foot down to pull away these is nothing there but i can here like a hiss in the engine and then it starts to pick up. I have recently cleared the breathers, replaced the ICV which is working nicely, changed the engine and TX oil. a bit baffled.

·
Registered
99 Posts
No real knowledge on this, but, if it was running OK before then I guess it must be something to do with the fuel filter.
Is it possible that the filter is wrong or faulty?
Is it possible that the joints aren't sealed properly and it's sucking in air?
Is it possible that you disturbed some dirt got into the pipe and has travelled around and blocked the injectors? I think you can buy a fuel additive that is supposed to clean the injectors. Might be worth a try.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No real knowledge on this, but, if it was running OK before then I guess it must be something to do with the fuel filter.
Is it possible that the filter is wrong or faulty?
Is it possible that the joints aren't sealed properly and it's sucking in air?
Is it possible that you disturbed some dirt got into the pipe and has travelled around and blocked the injectors? I think you can buy a fuel additive that is supposed to clean the injectors. Might be worth a try.
It turned out to be a complete coincidence, next on my list was the spark plugs, engine is running 99% normal again.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When I fitted mine it had an arrow on it.

Fitted it the wrong way round?
lol, what happened ? i remembered not to do this from the old plastic inline filters, anyway its 99% sorted now, changed the oil, plugs and the MAF and the problem seems to have gone acceleration is smooth again and i am not getting any EML warnings but something is not quite right, engine ticks over nice at running temp but every now and then the engine will under rev for a sec and then return to normal, like it cant compensate for a fan or something but this is not the problem, same when a/c is on fans on or off, baffled, unless it has something to do with a very slight leak i have on the exhaust manifold affecting pressure..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts