Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A girl I know called in today with her 2000 spec VW Polo 1.4 complaining that the heaters are stone cold. Theres plenty of coolant in, the matrix hoses are warm and all the direction/speed/temp switches in the dash are working but only cold air comes out. Has anyone else had this problem before and is it a common fault? Shes had it just over 3 months and the warrannty ran out last week- typical

·
I'll do it eventually...
586 Posts
If the pipes running through the heater matrix seem warm, may be an airlock in the coolant pipes somewhere. That was the problem on one of my old cars.

C

·
0 Posts
If the heat adjuster is anything like a cav, could be the wire come off so it's not adjusting from cold.

C

·
0 Posts
spleenlesswonder said:
Maybe a little off topic (only a little though) but on my Nova I only get cold air from the center blower, Is this the norm?
Yep, should always supply fresh air from that one.

·
I'll do it eventually...
586 Posts
spleenlesswonder said:
Maybe a little off topic (only a little though) but on my Nova I only get cold air from the center blower, Is this the norm?
GFs car does that too. Always wondered if that was by design, as hot air comes out the other vents no problem.

·
Premium Member
5,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It is changing from hot to cold on the dial as you can hear it change tone but the air stays cold

1 - 10 of 10 Posts