Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,488 Posts
Whats wrong with that?

Seems like quite a good scheme, so long as they dont go down the producing documents for everyone routine :lmao:

·
Premium Member
846 Posts
Yeah seems like your headline doesn't really reflect the true intent of the story there m8!

·
8v Power!
10,748 Posts
until they pull a younger driver and start giving out producers for no good reason.....

·
VxON's day release patient
907 Posts
i got stopped as i pulled up outside my house, all becouse i dropped a gear going up a hill,its taking the piss if u ask me

·
Premium Member
846 Posts
wouldnt the reason be to examine the documents? :D

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
I agree with the above - good idea as long as they don't start insisting on producers.

The question is, if I can quote any copper my full name, address, D.O.B, car reg and drivers licence number from memory, would I still have to do a producer?

·
VxON's day release patient
907 Posts
yes she did check my docs but she said she wouldnt have bothered if i hadnt dropped a cog

·
Premium Member
846 Posts
simonlb said:
I agree with the above - good idea as long as they don't start insisting on producers.

The question is, if I can quote any copper my full name, address, D.O.B, car reg and drivers licence number from memory, would I still have to do a producer?
Insurance and Mot?, V5 ?

·
Registered
230 Posts
im surprised theres enough coppers free to do this!! i thought that they were all manning mobile speed cameras!! meeeoowww! lol

good idea tho ..catch those scum theiving basts!

·
Premium Member
12,918 Posts
Dont the old bill have a new system in alot of plod cars now where it checks the number plate with the database automatically for every car it sees and them brings back anything that stands out IE no tax, nicked car, no insurance yada yada yada.

Seen it on one of those cozzer shows on M&M, apparently its almost impossible now to go out and not get a naughty.

·
Premium Member
846 Posts
I belive the Met have this however I remember seeing a fly on the wall doc where they said it was turned off most of the time due to it keep going off all the time.

·
Premium Member
17,488 Posts
LSI said:
Dont the old bill have a new system in alot of plod cars now where it checks the number plate with the database automatically for every car it sees and them brings back anything that stands out IE no tax, nicked car, no insurance yada yada yada.

Seen it on one of those cozzer shows on M&M, apparently its almost impossible now to go out and not get a naughty.

I got stopped last year sometime - was told the car had no MOT or insurance... because their system said so... :rolleyes: as they pulled me outside my flat I went and got said documents, they were quite puzzled. Their systems are not all up to date.

·
Premium Member
846 Posts
MOT's arent even all on the system yet as not everywhere has gone to the new computerised system and even when they do there will still be old paper ones valid for another 12 months. Apparently there were a few of the smaller insurance companies that weren't inputting into the Insurance Database as well - don't know if thats changed now or not.

·
Cavalier Turbo Replica
1,716 Posts
i know damn well if i got pulled over and issued with a "DONT BOTHER" sticker id be fuming :lmao:

·
Premium Member
17,488 Posts
Marren Dan said:
MOT's arent even all on the system yet as not everywhere has gone to the new computerised system and even when they do there will still be old paper ones valid for another 12 months. Apparently there were a few of the smaller insurance companies that weren't inputting into the Insurance Database as well - don't know if thats changed now or not.
I tried to say that to him about not all insurance companies are not currently subscribed to the Ins DB, but he was having none of it, then he sequently told me that my tax disc was a fake!!

·
Premium Member
846 Posts
you probably just look a bit shifty goonas :lmao:

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
Marren Dan said:
Insurance and Mot?, V5 ?
My MOT is one of the new one's and is registered with the DVLA so they can get that info immediately and cross-ref it with the V5 as I'm the registered keeper.

Insurance? Possibly not...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts