Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

Paying for fuel in jerry can .

• Only with wooley hat and sunglasses and no car .

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Cannonball will win with or without you
8,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you need to go and pay for can of fuel before filling if you have a car with you into a jerry can ?

I say that if you have your car with you with the cameras that if you wanted to run of with £5 worth of jerry you would just stick £50 into your tank .

Had a big argument over it , someone else reckons that because of what the sign says that you need to pay first whatever the circumstance .

·
22,199 Posts
Do you mean seperately?...i think if you finish filling the car and fill the can, then just go and pay for the petrol you have bought.

·
8,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes.

If you don't pay, it's theft.
Do you mean seperately?...i think if you finish filling the car and fill the can, then just go and pay for the petrol you have bought.
Sorry edited , I mean just to fill up the can . Not putting any into the car .

They made the rule to stop people with wooley hats and sunglasses filling cans and running off .

Like I say if your car is parked next to the pump that you are filling jerry with then you may as well stick £50 in car and drive off .

·
***VxON Photographer of the year 2007***
3,052 Posts
the problem with that is peeps stand next to somone elses car and fill up.

If the Attendant is not watching as you pull up how does he/she know it's your car ?

·
8,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry bit stressed as had a argument about it .

The sign says ' all cans must be paid for before fuelling '

This is if you have no car with you right ?

·
8,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the problem with that is peeps stand next to somone elses car and fill up.

If the Attendant is not watching as you pull up how does he/she know it's your car ?
That is a very good point but this is a small garage and cashiers are always watching as you pull in .
They would see you get out of the car and pull pump off the hook .

·
VxON's day release patient
907 Posts
if the sign says "pay before you fill" then yes because the sign says too.

but.........

if you have your car next to the pump cant you just pretend to fill the car up and while the attendant isn't looking just fill the can instead?

·
Registered
93 Posts
That is a very good point but this is a small garage and cashiers are always watching as you pull in .
They would see you get out of the car and pull pump off the hook .
I worked in a Tesco petrol station in Surrey quays (london) for bout 2 years, and you can never tell if someone with a can is really with a car, its better to be safe than sorry. from the stations point of view

also if someone is filling up a can, there is a possibility they have stolen a car,, i have witnessed that before too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts