Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a corsa D 2008 1.2 petrol, it’s intermittently not starting, randomly juddering while driving, cuts out at traffic lights, the check engine light came on for a day or so then vanished, diagnostics machine shows up zero faults, please help, mechanic handed it back to us, he can’t work out what’s wrong, we’re completely lost. Thanks

·
Premium Member
851 Posts
The mechanic sounds like a lemon, any mech with half a brain will at least run some live data and had diagnostics to properly read the car in question, If the eml came on then a code will be stored, you need to use opcom or something capable of reading vauxhalls, general fault readers won't be enough.

This sounds like a problem identical to what i had with a corsa c 1.2 which turned out to be crank sensor, but again you need to see what fault code is logged.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The mechanic sounds like a lemon, any mech with half a brain will at least run some live data and had diagnostics to properly read the car in question, If the eml came on then a code will be stored, you need to use opcom or something capable of reading vauxhalls, general fault readers won't be enough.

This sounds like a problem identical to what i had with a corsa c 1.2 which turned out to be crank sensor, but again you need to see what fault code is logged.
The mechanic I took it to also thought it was the crank sensor. I’m taking it to a Vauxhall garage for further diagnostics. The car is currently not starting, can you still do live diagnostics if the motor is not running?
Any other ideas on possible fault? Thanks

·
Registered
34 Posts
The mechanic I took it to also thought it was the crank sensor. I’m taking it to a Vauxhall garage for further diagnostics. The car is currently not starting, can you still do live diagnostics if the motor is not running?
Any other ideas on possible fault? Thanks
possible suggestion the air flowmeter can give faults like this /does it die when going round corners and then pick up again as you go level/staight again?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts