Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Zimmer GT for me!
Black, Astra 1.9 CDTI "Caravan" (apparently).
3,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. Please change your for sale thread titles to SOLD when it's sold. ;)

Please, folks.
Add the word SOLD to your thread titles once a deal is done. It really dosen't help others who are searching for a car, when we have to scroll through your thread only to find out that the car's gone! :(

Edit.
{ ( I've added this, after our little chat below, and Goonas's helpful input )
You could ask a moderator to help you with the title, or delete/change the text in your thread, then close it. }

Thanxxxxxxx

Pete.

·
Premium Member
4,028 Posts
how? I've never been able to edit the title on one of my threads. I just lock them once the car is sold.

·
VXons resident Priest
3,965 Posts
I've always stated sold at the end of a for sale thread before! But as before, never been able to edit a title.
Moral-GO TO THE LAST POST.

·
Premium Member
31,467 Posts
Iirc, titles can't be altered once posted for more tha n3 minutes. However, you can now lock/close your own for sale threads.

·
Zimmer GT for me!
3,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ooley dooley thwack!

how? I've never been able to edit the title on one of my threads. I just lock them once the car is sold.
Click 'edit' then click 'advanced' , the should be there for editing. ;)

I just added ' Hello. ' To this thread title. :Cool2:

·
Zimmer GT for me!
3,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Iirc, titles can't be altered once posted for more tha n3 minutes. However, you can now lock/close your own for sale threads.
I'm looking at the Vbulletin website's own forum. The thread title time limit thingy can be reset by moderators. I guess the limit could be infinite, so a mod could let you change your thread title, then reset it to normal.
But I'm not sure if this setting is 'forum wide' or can be set for individual threads.

·
Premium Member
17,488 Posts
Only Mods can change the actual title, users can only amend the subtitle like Steve said.

One option is once item has been sold that the member goes back to their first post and edits its by deleting all text and putting in Sold, and Closing the thread.

·
Zimmer GT for me!
3,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Only Mods can change the actual title, users can only amend the subtitle like Steve said.

One option is once item has been sold that the member goes back to their first post and edits its by deleting all text and putting in Sold, and Closing the thread.

Cool, thanks for that Marc. :coke:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts