Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really need one of you nice chaps with a CDX or Elite (i.e. with cruise control) AND an auxiliary coolant pump under the coolant expansion tank so send me (or post) a picture of the coolant pump mounting.

If it's too much trouble to post the pictures please PM me and I'll give you my email address.

I am fitting cruise (still) but can't figure out what to do with the auxiliary coolant pump that is currently mounted on the cruise module mounting bolts.

Even the genunie bracket on the EPC doesn't look like it will fit anywhere.....

·
Registered
372 Posts
I really need one of you nice chaps ..........

JasonH said:
I really need one of you nice chaps with a CDX or Elite (i.e. with cruise control) AND an auxiliary coolant pump under the coolant expansion tank so send me (or post) a picture of the coolant pump mounting.

If it's too much trouble to post the pictures please PM me and I'll give you my email address.

I am fitting cruise (still) but can't figure out what to do with the auxiliary coolant pump that is currently mounted on the cruise module mounting bolts.

Even the genunie bracket on the EPC doesn't look like it will fit anywhere.....
Hi Jason what model Omega do you require pics of mate?

Can do you a 4 pot 2.2 cdx 2003 model with cruise fitted.

Ray.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Not sure if mine has the aux pump fitted, but if you can hang on until this afternoon, I will photograph mine for you.

Attaching the pic is another matter though..........

·
Premium Member
2,851 Posts
Alas, my MV6, although has cruise, doesn't have aux pump, hence cruise unit bolted directly to wing as expected - sorry....

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Where is the pump in those cars then? I believe the pump is to do with the climate control in the later models to continue to provide heat when the engine is off.

The problem is my car has the pump and I am adding cruise... where am I going to mount this bl**dy pump??

·
Omega Tank Commander
7,722 Posts
Its an additional pump over and above the one mounted on the end of the radiator (which can support heating after the engine has stopped)

I also wish to see a pic of this setup, its something I have asked for before.

I saw one with it some years ago but can't for the life of me remember how it went. Vauxhall do a special bracket for the pump when cruise is fitted so it is possible

·
Registered
144 Posts
Here we go with the pics

OK

Been out in the freezing wind to get the pics of the cruise module. Alas, I fear that my car does not have this extra pump.

I would have attached the pictures anyway, but cannot get it to work.

Jason, I have mailed these to your PM address.

Hope it helps in some way.

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks - hopefully the pictures will make things clearer.

I have now actually ordered the special bracket for the pump. It's coming from Germany so will take 10-14 days, but it only costs around £4.

The thing is, on the EPC, it just doesn't look right. If the EPC is right then I can't see what the bracket will attach to.

·
Omega Tank Commander
7,722 Posts
I suspect it attches to the cruise control barcket, you might need to add some holes for it...

...its also a swine to find in EPC as its in a funny place (not under cooling system, seem to think its under accessories or climate)

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I know what you mean - I found it once then couldn't find it again.

The cruise stuff is under: electrical; cruise control.

The auxilliary coolant pump is under: cooling; auxiliary cooling pump and fittings.

There's only one type of cruise module bracket after 98 (a different part number before) and I think I've got this. No spare holes....

I shall have a hunt round to see if it's anywhere else.

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No not sorted yet - lots of useful pictures, but not one with this pump.

Basically the pump is about the size of one of those mini cans of coke. It sits on a bracket that mounts to the crusie module mounting points. The pump is connected to some fairly substantial rubber hoses so it can be moved a bit but not too far.

I'll see if I can dig up some photos of what I'm missing.

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I think I can explain a bit better with (borrowed) pictures.

Here is an an engine bay with cruise - see the grey square under the coolant expansion bottle that's the cruise module.

Here is an engine bay (mine) with this extra coolant pump. See the two extra coolant pipes attached to the expansion bottle. They connect to the pump that fits where the cruise wants to be.

Now some cars have both living in harmony - but what's the secret?

·
Registered
466 Posts
Mine has this pump and I added cruise. Ended up just butchering the old bracket so it could be fitted alongside the cruise module. There's a fair amount of slack in the pipes so the pump can be moved around a bit as long as the pipes don't get kinked. Works fine.

Tried taking pictures before but because of all the other stuff in front of the pump the camera focussed on the wrong thing and it came out too blurry to be useful. If you're stuck let me know and I'll try and get a picture again using manual focus, but I can never figure out these cameras on anything other than automatic mode.

Paul.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts