Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After any short periods of, let's say, heavy right foot driving ;) , i'm getting a petrol smell coming from under the bonnet. The smell is not present if i'm driving 'conservatively'.

On closer sniffing it seems to be coming from the cam belt end of the engine, at the back. Near where the little valve is on the injector rail, although its not coming from the valve itself.

Ive read about other peeple with petrol smells in the how2's and other message posts, and there doesnt seem to be a desricpiton of my exact problem, nor any pictures of hose union joints for a 2.0 ecotec.

If anyone knows anything about this problem any help would be greatly apprieciated.

·
Registered
9 Posts
check the vaccuum pipe to the purge valve situated to the right of the engine on a four pot (not sure where it is on a 6'er). Looks like a little square box about an inch square with two pipes. Pipes can be come disconnected or split which prevents petrol vapours frome the fuel tank being re-circulated into inlet manifold from charcoal canister.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts