Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
41 - 43 of 43 Posts
SteveW said:
Well, only one car overtook us during the whole session - which was a black BMW M5 and that was bloody fast.

I think one of the funniest comments I heard during the day was JJ saying that he was watching the drivers as they went round quarry. Most appeared to be gripping the steering wheel with all their strength, while fluff went round with one hand on the wheel and the other on the gearstick :lmao: :D

There was a red Datsun 240z (or whatever it was) that was out at the same time as us lot. It was out on track at the same time as Keith last year and it overtook us then. This time we went past it, and promptly left it for dust.

As can be heard on the video, "just goes to show what a strut brace, new brakes and decent tyres can do!" :Cool2:

I know I said that the Cavalier's modding days were over, but I honestly think that I'm gonna have to get a strut brace now :rolleyes: :lmao:
I am honestly very surprised he hasn't got more than the std SRi's 170bhp! but as you say brakes, tyres, driver, manual, all made a decent package.
Did you see off the little black ford XR2?

He's getting faster each time we go out at Combe too. Getting more used to the track.

Didn't manage to beat that XR2 though, that was silly-quick. Although it didn't get away from us as quick as I thought it would have.

Discussion starter · #43 ·
Watching Keith go round was bloody impressive tbh,seeing one hand on the wheel,the other on the gearstick,plus the way the car was leaning..
Roll on september..:up:

41 - 43 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.