Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts
What's with the missing headlight, but no air feed?
Bit Irish, did Atlantean suggest that? :bust:

CallyT said:
What's with the missing headlight, but no air feed?
Bit Irish, did Atlantean suggest that? :bust:
vaux_mark and I did it to Si's car at RR day for a joke really, to say it was "improving air feed"
so obviously it makes its appearance again, its all good

Yee-hah.

I did 6 and a bit sessions yesterday and the car was absolutely flying, it was on it's limit all afternoon. After a slowish first session I got quicker all day and was reeling in that white 325i before one session ended and wiped the floor with two Clio 16v's. Boy in a Clio 172 Cup kept catching me on the straights but I'd make up a gap through all the bends :lmao:. I let him past down the straight before quarry then nearly passed him on the inside of the corner again before he pulled away. :lmao: The Porsche 924 drivers were all REALLY slow and there was a couple of MX-5's out there being driven like they were off to the shops. On the last session I got past an Audi TT Quattro - we have the video of me catching it up each lap on the pit lane corner :lmao: .

Not bad for a Cavalier bought for ÂŁ60. Drove it home fine too, except I needed to bump start it as the ignition switch burnt out after the last session. There had to be something :D

Got loads of pics and vids but they're all copyright at the moment I think. Might try and sneak a few up tomorrow.

Dougie said:

Yee-hah.

I did 6 and a bit sessions yesterday and the car was absolutely flying, it was on it's limit all afternoon. After a slowish first session I got quicker all day and was reeling in that white 325i before one session ended and wiped the floor with two Clio 16v's. Boy in a Clio 172 Cup kept catching me on the straights but I'd make up a gap through all the bends :lmao:. I let him past down the straight before quarry then nearly passed him on the inside of the corner again before he pulled away. :lmao: The Porsche 924 drivers were all REALLY slow and there was a couple of MX-5's out there being driven like they were off to the shops. On the last session I got past an Audi TT Quattro - we have the video of me catching it up each lap on the pit lane corner :lmao: .

Not bad for a Cavalier bought for ÂŁ60. Drove it home fine too, except I needed to bump start it as the ignition switch burnt out after the last session. There had to be something :D

Got loads of pics and vids but they're all copyright at the moment I think. Might try and sneak a few up tomorrow.

Nice driving:Cool2: I think the 2.0SEH is underated!!!

Looked like a great day , good one people . ;)

carlos said:
Top Pics.

Just look at the suspension loading on he nsf of Fluffy's SRi!

I know it's not soft, so he must have been committed!
Well, only one car overtook us during the whole session - which was a black BMW M5 and that was bloody fast.

I think one of the funniest comments I heard during the day was JJ saying that he was watching the drivers as they went round quarry. Most appeared to be gripping the steering wheel with all their strength, while fluff went round with one hand on the wheel and the other on the gearstick :lmao: :D

There was a red Datsun 240z (or whatever it was) that was out at the same time as us lot. It was out on track at the same time as Keith last year and it overtook us then. This time we went past it, and promptly left it for dust.

As can be heard on the video, "just goes to show what a strut brace, new brakes and decent tyres can do!" :Cool2:

I know I said that the Cavalier's modding days were over, but I honestly think that I'm gonna have to get a strut brace now :rolleyes: :lmao:

TheMorphiuz said:
And which prat wrote that!? :grrr :lmao:
I thought you had sussed who did it? Remember, he was standing behind you when you told me who you thought did it!

Dougie said:
Someone leaked all my copyright photos to the press before I had even got home :rolleyes: :lmao:

You were moving Dougie - I had a bit of a job trying to focus on you each time you came around Quarry :lmao:

Andy M said:
It looks like an aluminium drinks can stuck on your tailpipe :lmao:

Especially as its 1" smaller in diameter further back :lmao:

:coke:
2" I think :p and I knew exactly why someone wrote it!
and considering what it actually is it sounds pretty good, it's got a bit more of a grunt since u least heard it and managed a stonking 92dB in the noise test, although I doubt that was accurate because of the fact we had to guess where 4.5k was! :lmao:

Beats the shitty standard box any day!

Discussion starter · #40 ·
djgritt said:
dougies red cav was feckin going some!

i was very impressed at how it was embarassing a few other things out there...

especially as it doesnt look like much!
yeap,gotta agree with that..:Cool2:
Bit of a sleeper tbh

21 - 40 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.