Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys need help have 98 omega 2.5 cdx v6 car runs great but my speedometer has a fault. dial not working and my abs and tc lights are on car runs perfect and this fault comes and goes my car is a 5 speed manual and i have had a diagnostic done which comes up as speed sensor fault where is the speedo sensor located any ideas :shame:

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
The speedo is driven off the abs speed sensor - but there are four one for each wheel, there are 2 on the back axle either side of the diff and one on each wheel hub on the front - when you had the diagnostic - did it say which one was faulty?

taff44 said:
hi guys need help have 98 omega 2.5 cdx v6 car runs great but my speedometer has a fault. dial not working and my abs and tc lights are on car runs perfect and this fault comes and goes my car is a 5 speed manual and i have had a diagnostic done which comes up as speed sensor fault where is the speedo sensor located any ideas :shame:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
when diagnostic done it only said speed sensor fault nothing else i have two rear diff sensors as spares will try a change out and see if that does the trick if not will have to buy two sensors for the front thanks your advice mate

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
I'm not sure if you will have to get the code re-set - i know i did with an airbag light - engine codes go out when you change the defective parts but not sure on abs.

i'm sure someone on here will know.

taff44 said:
when diagnostic done it only said speed sensor fault nothing else i have two rear diff sensors as spares will try a change out and see if that does the trick if not will have to buy two sensors for the front thanks your advice mate

·
Omega Tank Commander
7,722 Posts
ABS system codes will clear automatically when the fault is corrected.

Airbag codes require a reset due to the safety critical nature of them.

The speed signal is derived from the rear sensors only.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts