Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi

my vauxhall corsa 64 plate passenger front door has suddenly stopped opening from the inside!
It will however open from the outside so Im not thinking its a handle issue. Ive replaced the battery in the key fob for the central locking but that hasn't worked. All the other doors are as normal with the central locking. Ive tried to reset the fob too and open manually with the key but nothing is working. Any ideas? thankyou

·
Premium Member
11,897 Posts
When you try to open the door from the inside you pull the lever does it feel like there is resistance or can you pull the lever easy, open the door from the outside, with the door open remove the door panel/card there will be a number of Torx screws, some along the bottom of the panel and usually 2 behind the handle/armrest, when you have removed the screws the panel/card its should now only be held to the door by plastic snap clips so just prise the panel/card away from the door, be careful when you pull it as there may be some cables attached, look at the back of the handle on the panel/card there should be a cable or rod running towards the lock mechanism inside the door, check to see if cable/rod has either come off or snapped.

Oh you'll need a torch to see inside the door.

Forgot to mention if the door card has never been off before there is usually a sheet of plastic covering the door just peel this back to give you access, then stick it back to the door when you come to fit the card back to the door.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
When you try to open the door from the inside you pull the lever does it feel like there is resistance or can you pull the lever easy, open the door from the outside, with the door open remove the door panel/card there will be a number of Torx screws, some along the bottom of the panel and usually 2 behind the handle/armrest, when you have removed the screws the panel/card its should now only be held to the door by plastic snap clips so just prise the panel/card away from the door, be careful when you pull it as there may be some cables attached, look at the back of the handle on the panel/card there should be a cable or rod running towards the lock mechanism inside the door, check to see if cable/rod has either come off or snapped.

Forgot to mention if the door card has never been off before there is usually a sheet of plastic covering the door just peel this back to give you access, then stick it back to the door when you come to fit the card back to the door.
[/QUOTE

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
When you try to open from the inside there is no resistance, it just pulls easy without actually opening. Would that indicate the cable has come off do you think?
Thats most helpful thankyou 😁 i’ll have a look at the weekend 👍🏻

When you try to open from the inside there is no resistance, it just pulls easy without actually opening. Would that indicate the cable has come off do you think?
Thats most helpful thankyou 😁 i’ll have a look at the weekend 👍🏻

·
Premium Member
11,897 Posts
I'm afraid it does look that way, you should feel the return spring in the lever, but as you say there is no resistance so the cable as hopefully just come off.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'd definitely assume the inside cable has detached
Simple job, I've done it and I'm just a simple diyer not a mechanic

1 - 13 of 13 Posts