Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, hoping there is a quick fix...

When you hit the central locking button all the doors lock except from teh passenger side, the lock lever stays up

However....

When you hit the button a second time to deadlock it, said lever goes down and all is good

Can anyone help..

Fun this car... :cool:

·
Banned
221 Posts
I have also been having this problem lately, but only during and for a day or so after a hard frost. I had just put it down to moisture in the mechanism which freezes and makes it harder to move.
As I say after a couple of days it reverts back to normal.
Hope this is of some help!
Ross

·
Premium Member
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi mate,

Thanks for that, good point but on this occasion its happening for a good while.

To manually move the locking lever requires quite a bit of pressure.... Something stuck or needing lube?

·
Banned
221 Posts
Okay, you could try a bit of lubrication, but it may be the motor is on the way out. If it was me I would spray some wd40 over the aea and see how it goes.
I'm not expert though and I'm sure someone with more expertise will be along shortly.
Ross

·
Registered
15 Posts
Had a similar problem with my 03 omega when passenger tried to open door just as I pressed remote to unlock. Door would not unlock with other via remote and very stiff to pull up. Was all ready to start spraying WD40 and getting panels off to investigate. Spent a good half hour with the windows down locking with remote and pulling up offending lever and everthing eventually went back to normal.

·
Premium Member
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
May seem strange but this problem has been 100% resolved the very second I changed the car battery...

Who says Omegas are not easy to fix :bananasmi

1 - 7 of 7 Posts