Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I do a paperclip test on a 1997 GLS 2.0ltr ecotech vectra? I'm trying,but nothings flashing?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yes you can, but it depends on your source of how to check, and the engine must not be running,

under the cover infront of the handbreak is the 16 pin arrangment you need, as you look at it from the drivers side take the row of 8 closest to you and counting from the the side closest to the gearstick count 4 put one end in that hole, then count 6 and put the other in there

turn on ignition and wait for it to start flashing, yours shoyld have a 4 digit code 10 flashes = 0 3 flashes = 3 etc etc

hope this helps, however i got the wrong terminals at some point and now my dash, indicators etc don't work, so i need help with that anybody??

·
Premium Member
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tried this, but nothing is flashing! Could this mean I have no codes stored? I would have thought it would have brought up the crank sensor since the engine wasnt running. am I looking at the correct light-The one that looks like an orange engine?

·
Premium Member
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just seen your most recent post-You really should not give advice to others! lol-Hope you get sorted-my car still wont give codes?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Tell me about it, mostly sorted now!, just the break lights, its odd you have no codes if your engine managment light is on,

i wouldn't want to suggest anything else, i have the opposite of midas touch today!

good luck

·
Premium Member
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ECU light comes on with the ignition,but goes out when i start the car.I'm bridging pins 3 nd 5 from the handbrake, nearest the drivers seat. I'v also tried pins 4 and 5. turn on ignition, wait for ages and nothing.If I start the car light goes out and stays out? Is there more than one managment light? Ican only see an orange engine.

·
Premium Member
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes mate,days ago but my cars still not flashing?

·
Premium Member
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If you turn your drawing around,and make it more to scale,I'm sure I'm doing it right.Sit in drivers seat, look at plug. Nearest line of holes,3rd and 4th from handbrake side? I will have another look tomorrow.(I dont even think there are two contacts on the other line of pins!-Cheers Mick

·
Premium Member
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Its working now! The light came on whilst I was driving. I'v got 0130 Which suggests the Lambda Sensor.Thank God for that.I'll get a new one and post back the (good) news.

·
Premium Member
17,488 Posts
nicholas23 said:
o right i see so where do you read them to m8??
the Engine Management Light flashes, the number of flashes correspond to a code, look up the code on t'internet and hey presto it tells you whats wrong kinda.

·
Premium Member
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
New O2 sensor has fixed the car,thanks to all who helped.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts