Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone I am new to this forum but can any one help with a error code P204B reductant pressure sensor circuit range/performance on a Vauxhall Insignia and how to fix it

Many thanks
Gary

·
15,596 Posts
Helps enormously if you give the basics.
Like what engine lurks under the bonnet?:ROFLMAO:

·
"Red One.."
2,992 Posts
Haaaa this is going to be a 2.0 CDTi with a thoroughbred 170bhp B20DTH LFS Euro 6 engine in it, complete with lovely AdBlue.....aaaaaand breathe :LOL:

How do I know this...? My own lovely 170bhp B20DTH LFS Eur.....oh you get the point....intermittently suffers with the same fault code.

The pressure sensor is part of the AdBlue pump module (fitted in its tank behind the O/R wheel under the bumper) and is controlled by it's own separate control unit in the same place - this is a slave unit to the main engine ECU and is powered up from that. I have yet to fully test and confirm whether the pressure sensor itself on my own car is at fault, whether it be the short wiring loom between pump unit and ECU, or whether the control unit has suffered any green terminals/water ingress.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Many thanks for your reply Nick, you are correct it is an Insignia 2.0 CDTi diesel 2016 registered. I will check it tomorrow morning to see if I can find the pressure sensor, not being very mechanically minded but I am an electronics engineer. Once again many thanks for your help

·
"Red One.."
2,992 Posts
If you're having a look yourself you will see the pump unit/tank is hidden by a plastic cover - there is a small access panel you can unclip to get to the connectors for the pump unit and the ECU which you'll be able to see also. The pressure sensor is built into the pump module.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone had any luck fixing there’s my zafira tourer 1.6 cdti has came up with fault code p20e8 which is reductant pressure too low and trying to narrow it down to which part it is that’s gone

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Everyone I am new to this forum but can any one help with a error code P204B reductant pressure sensor circuit range/performance on a Vauxhall Insignia and how to fix it

Many thanks
Gary
Hi, did you managed to solve this error? I have the same error now...
Txs!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, I am new to the owners network and have have the same issue with P204B error code. I own an Insignia 2.0 litre Sir Nav CTDI Eflex SS and engine warning light has been coming on now and again. I can clear the code but after a while it just keeps coming back on. I have read in some of the forums that it may either be the crystallisation around the Adblue injector or possible the wiring. The actual error message I am getting is as follows; P204B $7E8 Generic, Reductant Pressure, Sensor Circuit, Range / Performance.
If there is anyone out there who has possibly has the same issue and found a fix / solution then it would be great to hear from you. Also if there are any mechanics on the forum who could also advise this would also be very much appreciated.
Regards Stuart

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.