Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi all. Was having problems my in Vectra C, 2002 model, 2.2 with harsh and jolting shifts in transmission plus engine hesitate sometimes to accelerate. Took the car to the Mech and it threw up the vehicle speed sensor malfunction code. Now problem is locating where it is. Have tried Google but it's all confusing. Can someone here please help me out with the location of this sensor?

Thank you.

·
Worn Out Member
5,164 Posts
The speed sensors are integral to the hubs,so a sensor change means a new hub assembly

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The speed sensors are integral to the hubs,so a sensor change means a new hub assembly
Oh, thought the sensors on the hubs are the ABS sensors? My mech is saying the sensor is on the transmission box. I don't trust him much anyway

Thank you. Would have him take a look at the hubs.

·
Worn Out Member
5,164 Posts
Generally the abs sensor doubles as a speed sensor as well,
i can check to see if there's a separate sensor in the box but will need to know which transmission the car has and which 2.2 engine.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Generally the abs sensor doubles as a speed sensor as well,
i can check to see if there's a separate sensor in the box but will need to know which transmission the car has and which 2.2 engine.
Automatic transmission, z22se engine.

·
Worn Out Member
5,164 Posts
Just noticed the year of the car,can you confirm it's an early Vectra C or late Vectra B

·
Worn Out Member
5,164 Posts
There are a couple of input/output sensors if it's the AF40 box,
but the P0500 code doesn't come up as applicable to the Z22SE engine,
although on the engines it does apply to it refers back to the abs sensor.
i'd start by checking the speed outputs of all the abs sensors to see if the n/s/f is the problem.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
There are a couple of input/output sensors if it's the AF40 box,
but the P0500 code doesn't come up as applicable to the Z22SE engine,
although on the engines it does apply to it refers back to the abs sensor.
i'd start by checking the speed outputs of all the abs sensors to see if the n/s/f is the problem.
Okay, thank you. Sorry, what I forgot to add was that I changed the engine two years ago so I wasn't sure if the new one fixed is the z22se. That's assuming other engines can fit in. But I would check the ABS sensors like you suggested. But n/s/f??

Thanks anyway.

·
Worn Out Member
5,164 Posts
n/s/f = nearside front,the speedo takes it's reading from this sensor

1 - 12 of 12 Posts