Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all I’m trying to diagnose P0170 (2 Lean Exhaust) I’ve just serviced the car myself checked the usual but still getting the same code, also checked the valve which goes to fuel tank and that’s fine

I have some live data which I will try to upload
Any ideas?
Azure Rectangle Font Triangle Parallel

·
Premium Member
2,613 Posts
From memory it needs to be saved as a .csv file to be uploaded here.
Have you checked the live data on the 02 sensors ? And the MAF readings ?

when you say “checked the usual” just to confirm what was checked ?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i dismantled the throttle body hoses and cleaned and also checked the flexi for leaks

02 sensor pre cat fluctuating from 79 - 800 rich/lean

02 sensor post cat sitting at 764 at idle

air flow between 9-12 kg/h

Font Multimedia Magenta Electronic device Gadget

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Once the flexi has a hole you would hear it, if it breaks you will definitely hear it, your getting lean on 02 before cat and a rich after cat so I would be looking at the 02 sensors first then moving onto the MAF if it was my car
cheers Louie the pre cat 02 is switching lean/rich quickly but the post is sitting rich on idle all the time
Been watching multiple YouTube videos but can’t see what the normal mv is on the 02 after cat as mine is sitting around 750mv

·
Premium Member
2,613 Posts
There isn’t too much info on the Tigra 1.8 I’ve never driven one let alone worked on one, just trying to offer advice on similar situations so I can’t help with the readings sorry mate, hope what I offered so far can help a little.

·
Registered
188 Posts
check the evap valve. clamp the hose going to it and see if it trims change. or take off evap valve and check if it is stuck open .. you can normally check if you are able to blow through it but clamping pipe also does same trick and you should see instant change in fuel trims.

evap is referring to the fuel tank ventilation on your photo where it reads 9%. live data may also show you what percent it is without the engine running but you need to check it as above for a definate answer

1 - 11 of 11 Posts