Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello...

Engine management light flashed on intermittently a bit today on a trip to town. Didn't come on on the way back, but decided to read my fault codes to see what's up.

Got 13 - Oxygen sensor - No change in voltage/open circuit.

And 38 - Oxygen sensor - Voltage low (1990 model year on).

No other codes.

I guess this means an oxygen sensor is on it's way out?? I also have an annoying rattle from the exhaust that can be heard outside the car - dunno if this is a symptom (maybe cat breaking up) or maybe what is causing the oxygen sensor to fail in the first place? Anyway - from those fault codes how do I tell which sensor it is? Any ideas on a cheap source for a replacement - used but working is fine by me!

Cheers

Liam

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
I'm not at home (so I can't look it up for you) but for oxygen sensor fault codes the Vauxhall College Handbook give the most accurate info on what and where. The codes are specific to each sensor so you tell which one is a problem.

If you have an exhaust leak that can throw the sensors.

Gendan do plug in replacement sensors at a good price (50 delivered).

I think yours may just have come unplugged.

·
Premium Member
7,328 Posts
Rattle will be the heat shield that surrounds the exhaust. you can srimp and cut it to stop it from ratteling, thats what I did with mine, if it goes again im just going to rip it off

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys.

Have just looked underneath and it's totally the heat shield which has decided to break free from its couple of pinhead sized spot welds and rattle round the pipe! Tempted to rip it off, but maybe you can explain what you mean by 'srimp it and cut' :).

Lambda is still plugged in and seems to have shut up for now. I guess it's wiring or the sensor on it's way to oblivion...

Liam

1 - 5 of 5 Posts