Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I've just bought a Vectra 1.8 LS, and apart from the problem I've already seen often on this site - the idling problem - I have a problem that I've not seen here.

When the headlights are on, it's very difficult to move the indicator lever to indicate without knocking full beam on. It's even worse switching them off, and the problem is very bad when the indicators are switched off automatically by the steering wheel turn.

How easy is it to solve this without a garage visit?

Dave

·
Premium Member
1,213 Posts
It's a fairly common problem just change it,if you remove the cowling from around the steering wheel(three screws underneath) there are two clips on the indicator stalk that you squeeze in and it just pulls out,unclip the wiring (one plug) then fitting the new one is reversal of above,takes literally 5 minutes.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Before I get carried away,

What's the part exactly that I replace - the indicator stalk? and

Do I have to get one from a main dealer?

Cheers

Dave

·
Premium Member
6,377 Posts
Yes the indicator stalk and no do not go to a dealer get one from a scrappy only a couple of quid.
as this is a common fault is it worth saving a few quid?at least with a new switch you wont need to change the switch for the life of the car,you lot moan about vauxhall prices but think again when you compare prices of some japanese cars or even motorcycles,£200 for one disc! now is it worth saving a few quid on a car when some of you paid £1-8000 for?
your switch part no is 9181010 and that comes with a year gaurantee

·
Premium Member
1,213 Posts
as this is a common fault is it worth saving a few quid?at least with a new switch you wont need to change the switch for the life of the car
A fair point i just had a look and there £18 from autovaux so not that dear new,i don't know about main dealer prices.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts