Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI i have a vectra 02 estate and had the back of it up the other day to plug and abs sensor back in, as i jacked it up i noticed that the bottom of the wheel was moving out quite a bit, when i got the tyre off i noticed a lot of uneven wear on the tyre i.e. the outside is so worn the tyre needs replacing but the inside looks almost new.

I also can hear every now and then a clunk from the back when going over a bump, this sounds as if it's getting worse, but when heavily loaded you don't really hear it at all.

I am guess a bush but can anyone tell me which one and how to check it?

i am not sure of the other side as i haven't taken the wheel of yet.

cheers

Tom

·
Premium Member
6,377 Posts
worn rose bushes will cause tyre wear as the camber angle will be altered,to check the bushes jack the side you want to cjeck,grab the wheel in the 6 and 12 oclock position and try and twist if forward and back,youshould feel it,get someone to have a look and the movement will be visible

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
any idea how long it would take a garage to change them? trying to work out if it would be worth giving it to my local place to do or buy the bushes and tool to do myself

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just got my local place to do all 4 rear bushses, cost £113 which i don't hink is back, just need to get new tyres and all 4 wheels aligned now and thats the car MOT ready

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.