Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this has been asked before, but I just had my Vectra Elite 2.2i petrol on a 02 plate today. Lovely car, but there is a warning light constantly on. It looks like an upside down lightbulb with an exclamation mark in it. On the centre console as well sometimes it asks to check the back brake lights. I've checked them all and are all working. Any ideas?? Also excuse this very silly question, but the warning sign of a water level. Does it mean the radiator or screenwash level. Excuse my ignorance, car didn't come with a handbook.

Any ideas would be appreciated

DknS

·
Qualified lego bricklayer
9,180 Posts
there is a warning light constantly on. It looks like an upside down lightbulb with an exclamation mark in it.
It's informing you there is a bulb blown.

On the centre console as well sometimes it asks to check the back brake lights.
Could well be a dodgy brake pad warning sensor on the front.

but the warning sign of a water level. Does it mean the radiator or screenwash level.
Is this a Vectra-B or Vectra-C?

Can't vouch for the Vec-B, but if low coolant, then you'll get a picture that resembles a car radiator (square picture with a cap on top, and a wavy black line further down)
If low screenwash then you'll get a picture that resembles a windscreen, with a dotted line up the middle that then opens out in either direction at the top.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick reply, I know that the cars had new brake pads fitted, also some bulbs. Perhaps the new ones haven't been fitted correctly or a dodgy connection. Also the sign which you described ( the 1st one ), thats what I'm getting, I've checked the water level and it seems fine, the colour looks a bit dodgy ( orange, is this normal in colour ). But the level seems fine

:)

·
Qualified lego bricklayer
9,180 Posts
Thanks for the quick reply, I know that the cars had new brake pads fitted
And sensors? They are separate and if they're worn through to create an earth also need replacing.

the colour looks a bit dodgy ( orange, is this normal in colour ).
Depends on what antifreeze they've used, but yes, you cna get orange coloured antifreeze. Without going out and taking a look, I'm pretty sure mine is also orange coloured.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I don't even know where the sensors for the lights or anti-freeze is situated. Sorry about this.:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts