Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as tittle, on my astra elite

just found it tonight, seems a bit odd to me, a bit like the ones in the door handles

not sure I like the idea

anyone ?

·
VXon Frontera Monkey
9,882 Posts
Picture paints a thousand words but you may find it is the auto dipping mirror
regards
Steve

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^^^^^^^ ppfftt, No I'm not talking about the sensor for the auto dipping mirror, its the large round one in this pic that shines orange light at my gearstick/handbrake at night

·
Qualified lego bricklayer
9,180 Posts
The orange light is to softly illuminate the centre console. It's offical name (according to the handbook) is "Automatically regulated centre console lighting"

If you don't like it, then you could always stick a piece of tape over it ;)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well the car is only 1 week old so dismantling the auto dipping mirror may void the warrenty on it

the sticker is doing a good job for now, I just wanted to know what it was all about

·
member no 638
2,570 Posts
fair enough didn`t realise it was a new car,the new golf`s also have this light but in red and lights up the chrome around the gearstick etc and looks good at night when parked up,it`s a mood enhancer,iirc.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I've got one on my 51 plate zafira GSi & I like it, gives a nice glow, without getting in the way of driving.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
^^^^ I just don't like it, I like the inside of the car at night to be nice and dark with the dash dimmer right down

spose we are all different eh

1 - 12 of 12 Posts