Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I'm after some advice on what to try first to deal with the engine warning lights showing DPF problem.
Vehicle is a Zafira 1.9 CDTI year 2006.
The engine warning light is on but the vehicle seems to run okay and isn't in limp mode. The pedal check shows two error codes as follows
1) 245258
2) 04005A

I'm considering the following options to try and rectify the issue. Please can you let me know what you think.
1) Add a DPF cleaner to the diesel and also apply a cleaner direct to the DPF by removing the sensor and spraying the cleaner into the DPF. Then delete the warning code using a home fault reader. With the error deleted take the car for a long drive on the motorway keeping revs over 3000. Hoping this will cause the car to regen and fix the problem.
2) take the car to a Halfords garage who offer a on car cleaning service. They pretty much do what I've written above but also plug the car into a machine to force a static regen. They then take the car for a test drive.
3) remove the DPF myself and soak overnight in a cleaner. Then re fit, delete the code and again take on the motorway.
4) but a new DPF, and ERG valve from the Internet (loads cheaper than getting from garage) and then find a garage to fit the parts and then plug it in to tell the car a new DPF has been fitted and the re set the ash content.

Obviously I would prefer not to waste time and money and if possible rectify as cheaply as possible. Your expert advise is appreciated.

Thanks

Hawksey.

·
14,797 Posts
How much do Halfrauds charge for the DPF regen?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
£85 according to the website and £65 on top if you want the oil and filter done which I probably would to be safe.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can anyone offer some advice on this? I've found that the pressure tube is broke where it meets the engine bay and heads up near the bulk head. Going to repair that with fuel hose and for a new egr valve. £40 from eBay.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No but I'm looking to buy one during the week to help sort this issue out. Checked the car today and found that the pressure pipe from DPF up to engine bay has broke so need to repair that. Going to fit a new egr valve and change the oil and filter. Will then try to regen it by a long motorway drive.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks. Is it better doing it that way or taking for a long drive on the motorway. Concerned something will go bang with the static option.

·
Premium Member
407 Posts
Yea you can do it in opcom, if it hasn't gone into limp mode you may be ok caught it early what I would o personally is buy a good dpf cleaner like forte dpf cleaner put it in on quarter of a tank and do a force regen on opcom with the cleaner in the tank, check the exshaust tip if it's clean your dpf is still doing its job if it's dirty you have had it, I have had mine cut open guts taken out and welded back up and then deleted from the Ecu

·
Premium Member
407 Posts
I've never done it personally as mine no longer in the ecu, maybe yea put it in on quart of a tank so it's not diluted and give it a good welly,another option is have carbon clean done what engine you got

·
Premium Member
407 Posts
If it's stinking means it's stoped working maybe a good cleaner like above if still nothing new dpf job or a delete, they ain't cheap and they say after market are no good,genuine one maybe looking not far off £1,000 without fitting

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Bloody hell. I've seen the aftermarket ones on eBay. Will do what I can to fix and clean it and see what happens.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.