Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Dobbin, I can't see the point of it? If you want more power and speed etc, chuck a 2.5 in there.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for that cally, finley i get what you saying, i am just looking at a cheaper option, until i can afford the insurance on a mv6 ;-)

C

·
0 Posts
dobbin said:
thanks for that cally, finley i get what you saying, i am just looking at a cheaper option, until i can afford the insurance on a mv6 ;-)
Panel filter won't give you 34 bhp, no matter what the seller claims :Cool2:

·
Registered
782 Posts
You might gain 5bhp TOPS

The only good thing about them as far as i can see is that its reusable and helps the car breath a little better but as far as 34bhp is concerned save your money.

If you want the car to go faster remove all seats including carpets and anything else you dont need and away you go:bananasmi

R

·
0 Posts
Nick. These filters will make the car 'grunt' a bit. It will sound faster, meatier and may even 'seem' more powerful, but in reality it will be the same mate. You can get the same effect by drilling two dirty great holes in the air filter box.

Extra 34BHP? I think that is called a turbo.:Cool2:

C

·
0 Posts
andy8 said:
You might gain 5bhp TOPS

The only good thing about them as far as i can see is that its reusable and helps the car breath a little better but as far as 34bhp is concerned save your money.
1 bhp at the very most I'd say, nearer 0 if I was putting money on it.
Re-usable? What's an OE filter cost, a fiver/tenner? and lasts 10K or more.
Only benefit I can see is the noise, but not for me at the expense of filtration.

C

·
0 Posts
dobbin said:
dunno where the 34bhp has came from coz i dont see it in the listing lol
Should have put a :lmao: after it :lmao:
Cheap option to a V6.........

·
Premium Member
7,328 Posts
Ive found with 'free flow' filters that although they dont make the car more powerfull they do help it breath better and help the engine rev more easily. possibly slightly more responsive.

C

·
0 Posts
danuk said:
Ive found with 'free flow' filters that although they dont make the car more powerfull they do help it breath better and help the engine rev more easily. possibly slightly more responsive.
I presume you're comparing like for like, and not replacing an old oe filter with a new 'performance' item for this comparison?

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
I installed K&N free-flow filters on an Alfa-Romeo and on a Mark 1 Astra a few years ago, can't comment on power increase because it was accompanied by several other mods so the result was more power, but I can't say to what extent the filters helped on their own.

On the practical side, they are suppose to be as effective as paper filters, and they are very easy to clean. The idea of having them reusable is because they are expensive and you don't want to go and replace them every 10k...

And, with the airbox removed, the there is much more room to work and manouver under the bonnet...

What I can say is that the engine suddenly had this deep amazing growl when flooring the throttle, worth it just for this (not kidding):Cool2: .

R

·
0 Posts
Memory lane for sad old bar steward time....

When I was 19 I had a Capri 3.0Ghia. At the time rear window stickers were quite fashionable, so I covered virtually the whole back window with things like 'My other car is a Porsche' and 'It may be old.......'. Sad really, but I thought it was cool then.

People kept driving along side and making a Gareth Hunt coffee bean advert gesture at me.

Anyone my age will know exactly what I am talking about!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts