Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to be rescued last night by Green Flag I lost total power and black smoke. I've tried it to day it will tick over sounds ok but when I rev there is not enough power to move the car just stalls, on the rescue note the man has written "suspect injector fault on turbo pipe" but it was in torrential rain so he didn't have much chance. I've looked and all seems ok and I've read a lot about the EGR valve but can't even find it on this model. Any help please.

·
Premium Member
11,102 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

You say 1.9 GTI do you mean CDTI, the EGR valve is at the back of the engine to the right.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had to be rescued last night by Green Flag I lost total power and black smoke. I've tried it to day it will tick over sounds ok but when I rev there is not enough power to move the car just stalls, on the rescue note the man has written "suspect injector fault on turbo pipe" but it was in torrential rain so he didn't have much chance. I've looked and all seems ok and I've read a lot about the EGR valve but can't even find it on this model. Any help please.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just revved it and noticed exhaust is coming out from somewhere on the passenger side, come on lads please help.

·
Premium Member
3,295 Posts
Disconnect the maf and see if car run any different,
I'm in sure if these have a map also.

Are you gases comin from rocker cover?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Disconnect the maf and see if car run any different,
I'm in sure if these have a map also.

Are you gases comin from rocker cover?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Can't see where the exhaust is coming from at the mo cus I'm on my own I need someone to rev it

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks chaps think its solved. Took off the EGR valve that was not too bad but hole that it connects to was completely blocked with carbon its a wonder it ever moved yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

1 - 12 of 12 Posts