Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Got my hands on a Opel Monza with a 24v on a pallet next to it, way back, and have now progressed far enough, to get to the wiring/engine management.

Its located at a mechanic (friend) who works on it in his spare time, but hes is not experienced with older cars and hes not a opel mechanic. I'm not even a mechanic.

Our problem, is that we have trouble fitting the wiring loom and connectors. It seems the wiring loom has two connectors for ECU. Does it really need two boxes?
There are two in the car (one named FZ in the passenger side cabin, and one named ZG in the engine bay): The loom seem to indicate two ECUs? in the engine bay.
Some connectors doesn't seem to fit anywhere. Will there be redundant connector on this type of conversion?

I know this engine swap has been done several times before, but has anyone on this site any experience?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Help has been very hard to come bye, in my country.

I have attached pictures of the unknown connectors, the ECUs and the wiring loom. The wiring seen on the engine bay picture seem to be the old "12 valve" wiring loom.

Thanks for your time
Niels

Attachments

·
Registered
80 Posts
The ZG ECU is for the automatic gearbox as are some of the connectors. The wiring looms are different for the auto and manual. The auto box on the 24v is also different to that on the 12v cars

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The ZG ECU is for the automatic gearbox as are some of the connectors. The wiring looms are different for the auto and manual. The auto box on the 24v is also different to that on the 12v cars
Thanks so much for a reply

Since the engine came with the manual gearbox (generation after getrag 265), I guess I can leave the connectors unplugged?!? Anything I should be aware of?

Thanks again for replying

1 - 4 of 4 Posts