Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi just thought it was time to post pics of my kadett. not it top condition at the moment been doing alot of work on her after the show shes just been in so its a bit dirty and in need of a t-cut but have a look and tell me what u tink, be kind lol

theres a little still in the pipe lines for this car, engine bay needs tidying up hence no picture. and there is a new exhaust on its way.
ive realised something about modifing a car that you spend so much money on stuff u dont really like when you put it on the car but there are always bargins to be had, my alloys 50quid yes 50 quid i love ebay! the bloke was sick as a dog anyway have a look and ill post more as i progress
cheers

edit : ok pictures where getting on my tits so i made a site hosted on my site so have a look

http://www.gouldie.org.uk/kadett

http://www.vauxcav.co.uk/cavwebgall...69&sessionid=8c81ed5155bcfbba77c14af89ac0f87a

·
Premium Member
1,435 Posts
links ok , pics are massive.

had on of these myself , great little car of its time, 1200,s 98 mph, in 1975, not bad eh!!
early conversions, put 2,0 manta engine, box and diff, went like stink, still some ralling today.

only 1 comment, wrong wheels , should be rostyles, i think.
nice car tho, brought back memories, of the back seat :bananasmi

·
Vxon's Token Geordie
1,348 Posts
looks absoloutley immaculate from what I can see! my mam had one a lot of years ago, it was an earlier model with black plastic seats and the body was bright orange! I remember that it went to the car graveyard when I was very young as the 1st and 4th gears stopped working :lmao:

·
surfin lobster
1,092 Posts
Cool car ! My Papa bought a Kadett 4dr new in 1973 & kept it till he died in the late 90's. Was a good car to him & he really liked it. Was passed on to me to sell on after so I drove around in it for a while until the tax/MOT lapsed & was really impressed with it. Good to drive & relatively powered from only 1200cc's. Sold the short number plate (wish I'd kept it) & sold the car (sort of wish I'd kept it) to somebody from the Opel owners club. Underneath the car was totally rotten however, so I'm guessing it got broken for spares as its never seen the road again.

Hope yours does you proud!

·
ken boon
1,509 Posts
looks very nice i love the look of the late 70's/early 80's opels! theres an orange kadett just like that in my village ive been told it has an xe on carbs under the bonnet although im not sure if thats true! still a cool car though! :cool:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

cheers for all your comments keep them comming just a quick update before i go out new exhaust and rev counter pics of these added soon oh and heres a new pic with 10mm spacers added at the res in cheddar nice pic i think i will add more pics tonite cheers

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

ok another new picture showing the new exhaust its great not to big like a boy racer and not too small pee shooter style its also tunable so i get the rite pitch and performance i like, it helps the engine no end helping the flow of air you can feel it the pick up is much better and sound from its amazing and the k and n filter seems to like it too. the next plan is too put clear indicator lights on the front and blacked out ones on the back to mix them in with that panel

what you think?!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ok update custom speaker panels in the back and the latest picture before the cars respray with my new number plates. the respay has been done and looking the dogs bollocks but i got it dirty before i could get my hands on a camera so im gunna clean it sunday if its nice and do a whole car photo shoot to include the new head unit and multi changer too! (its all go)(especailly my money) lol so hope u like and those new pics will be up soon!

oh and the front bumpers back on!!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.