Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought the car a month ago, started missfire, engine light on and service car. Open the coils, and one spark plug is covered with water. Went to mechanic changed spark plugs because they were bad, and coil too. Worked perfectly for 3 days, then again the same thing. (it was raining). Open the coils, water again inside, dry it, seeled the plastic cover with duck tape. For one week was perfect, then storm, rain, and the same thing happening?
Just water on spark plug 2 and little bit on 1,last time was in number 4.
Where is the water coming from?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, I didn't taste it. I need to open coils again today and will see what is happening.

·
Premium Member
13,630 Posts
I had this once of a Corsa D that i diagnosed for someone, i stood in the rain with the bonnet open to discover where/how the water was getting in.
What i found was the windscreen lower scuttle panel was sagging in the middle due to incorrect fitment and missing broken fixings.
Make sure the center support is attached correctly and both retaining screws in the front edge are in place and tight, if the fixings and support are missing the middle of the scuttle panel will sag, in heavy rain it pools in the middle where its sagging, the water then drips off onto the top of the engine and works its way around into the spark plug holes.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you all, it is that poor connection, something was broken in the middle I silicon it.
Went to the mechanic and he did said, that's it. Apparently guy was changing filters and didn't put it back properly and drain hole was jamed.
Need to found somebody to fix it properly.
This was a mistery problem. 👌

1 - 5 of 5 Posts